Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a ticket for no helmet in NJ. I even showed the cop the law that say were dont have to
has anyone lost a case for no helmet.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
N.J. Helmet LAW...>> you need a helmet...Everyone..State of New Jersey

New Jersey Helmet Law - P.L. 39:3-76.7:
No person shall operate or ride upon a motorcycle unless he wears a securely fitted protective helmet of a size proper for that person and of a type approved by the federal DOT. Such a helmet must be equipped with either a neck or chin strap and be reflectorized on both sides.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Helmet/seatbelt/endorsement --- laws are all over the place. And state to state differ greatly....I've ridden in lots of different areas and
always try to follow the "motorcycle" laws in that area, I'm titled and plated as a motorcycle. (and stay just under the radar) Never going to win the argument with the officer on the street, might in court 'after' the Slingshot has been towed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
But this is the law that states 3 wheeled. I can understand if it doesn't say this but it does say no helmet required
You answered your own question here, but you highlighted the wrong section(s), (selective reading?)

glazing

[gley-zing]

noun
the act of furnishing or fitting with glass; the business or work of a glazier.
panes or sheets of glass set or made to be set in frames, as in windows, doors, or mirrors.
the act of applying a glaze.
the glassy surface of something glazed.

Bill

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just like conceal carry, I always read up on the state law before I venture out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So the cop better be giving tickets for no M1 - also if he wants to follow the law'
Otherwise it's BS '.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not sure but, NJ is more worried about the type of bullet in your carry weapon then the weapon. No hollow points... lol

I always use RIP ammo in my conceal, hope they don't have a issue with that. :)
RIP9.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been riding around NJ without a helmet based on that same print out you carry. I'm curious where in NJ did you get the ticket & was it local police or a state trooper?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Go to NJ, DMV, get a copy of the book they use for new drivers. Keep it in your glove box.
I had my attorney read it & he said according to the wording, no helmet is necessary for this vehicle in NJ.
I've already enlightened two NJ cops, with no ticket.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts