Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
21 - 40 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Does prove the belt will hold a lot of power, now hook it up and see if the belt holds. Sounds great, wished it was parked in my toy hanger for a little while. I wonder how long it takes to go through a tank of gas?

LC

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

The Monster on Alpha's site:
Alpha Powersport #1 In Polaris Slingshot Performance

Build is under the direction of Henry (@Turbosling) who credits his guys with another incredible machine (and it is).

The Slingshot Forums thread is:
Alpha Powersport SEMA 2015 Experience
(please go there to comment)

Hopefully this thread won't derail, the Honda engine @Stickerdick is putting in is a "more appropriate" fit for the Slingshot. Several members have been talking about doing such a thing for months, @Stickerdick beat everyone to doing it. There's a handful of guys here glued to this thread.
Love Henry and the Gang from Alpha and talked to him about helping with the conversion, but the travel time from Florida to where the Alpha team is was just too far for my budget, and I think since I'm wanting to do allot of the mockup work myself, it was just a better fit for me to go with Jamie Roy and Haltech and the gang at DDM.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I don't mind the hijacking so much, but it's the totally opposite of what we are trying to build. I want a setup where the power comes on smooth and then once you have the SS moving and the VTEC kicks in and ZOOM..... off you fly to 9000rpms and no tire breaking away , just acceleration! If I want to do a spinning trick and make smoke until I throw up, I'll just go to a KISS concert!

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
SS Performance will be building the Haltech harness starting this weekend.... Thats Jamie for you. Thank God for guys that don't have a life!:(;):) jamie roys shop.jpg

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I'm actually more excited about this build than I would be a V-8 build. I love V-8's don't get me wrong, but I am a Japanese hyper-bike fanatic and IMO there is nothing, I mean nothing, that has the sound of a well tuned Japanese inline 4 at full tilt. The Honda V-TEC is the closest thing to a sportbike motor in a car you will find.

I had a new Prelude SH the last year they were made and that motor (even way back in the day) was a hoot. When that V-TEC kicks in it's like unleashing a whole other beast. Beautiful technology behind it.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
My wife bought a brand new S2000 back when they first came out , Black on Black. And I was like.... "that little go kart of a car won't be much fun!", about a week later she let me take it out for a drive and I was amazed at the driveability and the controlable power it had! I hope it will translate to the SlingShot and since the Sling weights about 700lbs. less than a S2000, it should be a blast to drive! And i'll post the differance in the weights ofthe motors once we getthe ecotech out next week, but our preliminary guess is that the new setup with the S2000 motor over the turbo'ed Ecotech will weigh about 100lbs lighter.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
s-l225.jpg 20161126_165249_HDR.jpg 20161127_101525.jpg $_1.JPG Ok...... I'm already getting pushback on this part of the build..... But tough sh#t. Put on your big girl panties and let me be outside the box.

Went to the swap meet at Daytona on Friday and bought a stock hyabusa exhaust system, chopped off the mufflers and they were too large to run stacked on top of each other as I originally planned, so I've cut the Ends off of them, gutted the original muffler insides and then went to Pep boys and bought one of those 4.5" DE sports stainless steel mufflers that will slip inside my busa cans. I'll then rivet and weld the two cans together creating a side pipe. The header for the Honda motor is already 4 into 2 into one, so I'll keep that configuration for now and the exhaust will exit out the back through a 2002 Pontiac firebird cast aluminun tip. Sounds wierd, but that's why it's called thinking out of the box and repurposing others scrap into new crap! By the way, those aluminum ramps are going to be heat shields.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
jenvey itbs.jpg jenvey2.jpg and of course, one day after I recieve my OBX ITB's, these guys show up for sale..... top of the line kit, so now what do I do?

Damn it!

21 - 40 of 389 Posts