Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
361 - 380 of 389 Posts
Discussion starter · #369 ·
Been having some issues with the SC on the motor causing the Crankcase to build up in pressure, so we have had to add crankcase vents, started out with the one I had, then two, now we are at three, two that are in a "open" set-up, where they vent to the atmosphere, and the third is plumbed into the exhaust where a vacuum is created and draws the pressure out into the exhaust. seems to be working for now, but it just means I'm going to have to do a lower end rebuild sooner than later.

Discussion starter · #372 ·
Well.... I finally had to go ahead and pull the trigger and I bought another "New" S2000 motor and transmission to put in the Sling. This one only has 21000 miles on it, I'm going to add ALL of the things we have learned over the last year of "trial and error" to this motor, plus stud the head, add the improved crankcase vent system and the new "Race" tune to this motor along with a few extra lil yet released secrets to make sure that my SiRT version2 is even more powerful than the already documented Slingshot to hit 130.5+ mph in the 1/2 mile! Plus, we should have our new fenders on the front and the rear spoiler aka @DKF Texas requested build tested and a new rear fender as well. Keep an eye on this thread, it is gonna start getting fun!

Discussion starter · #373 ·
And since Jamie Roy is already planning on debuting the 2nd Honda powered slingshot in Texas next month, I'm going to have my "old" motor rebuilt along with the transmission, and will be willing and able to help somebody be the 3rd Honda Powered slingshot whenever they want to be?

Discussion starter · #375 ·
It will be in Maggie valley..... fresh from the dyno where we spent the day getting re-tuned after melting an exhaust valve at the Vegas event earlier this year. Had the head rebuilt, converted back to the street tune.
We were running our record setting tune from the Ocala fastest 1/2 mile event that was held earlier this year. Where the Honda SiR-SC become the Fastest officially recorded Slingshot at 130.5 mph.
But we are now back to our street tune of only 365rwhp.....so I guess we will have to be a little slower in Deals Gap this time.

Discussion starter · #376 ·
And yes...... Jamie Roy and his SiRT Honda K motor powered Slingshot should be debuting in Maggie Valley with at least 700rwhp! I am glad I'll be zip lining that day.

Discussion starter · #377 ·
Well... the debut did not go as planned for the 2.4K motored Honda or the return on my Honda to Maggie Valley. Jamie roy no sooner than had his off the trailer and it destroyed the clutch, and mine decided to get even with me for being so mean to it in Las Vegas,,,, and it waited until I was returning from the morning zipline to grenade itself in an tunnel on I-40 coming back from ziplining. Oh well, #7 rebuild, here we come.

Yikes. You may want to look into Ecotec swaps. I hear that is what the Honda guys have been doing lately! ;)

361 - 380 of 389 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.