Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What looks to be a three-wheeled RZR surfaced today. We're not sure if this is just a home build or if this could be more along the lines of what Polaris will call the Slingshot. Now it's no where near what the patient drawings show, but it is a vehicle that could be very easily built by Polaris.

three-wheel-rzr.jpg

3-wheel-rzr.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is AWESOME. I've been following the slingshot news for months now and planning on buying one. The only concern I've had is about safety. Being so low to the ground and strapped in... A collision with any truck would not be good.

I'm also concerned about driving in the rain/no windshield. If this is a real model of what Polaris is going for, I think they are definitely moving in the right direction. It sits slightly higher off the ground (safer?), has a windshield, and looks like it will be easier for the aftermarket companies to design a full cab enclosure and doors. If they can put a reinforced frame around the windshield and some reinforcement on the roof line, I would think this will help significantly in a colission.

I researched for months, trying to find a way to make a RZR street legal in MN with no luck. If you do a quick google search, you will find a massive following of RZR owners trying to do the same accross the country. I've only seen it work in a few states.

Where did you find this picture??! If this was a custom RZR build, I want to find the person responsible! If it's Polaris... NICE WORK. There is definitely a big market opportunity here.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I stumbled onto this photos while searching across the interwebs. I don't know anything about it or where it came from. All we can hope for is that we are at least one day closer to hearing an official word from Polaris on whether or not they are going to make the machine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts