Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Awesome! I bet that isn't going to stop for quite a while either!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Thanks for the link Stan. I kinda LIKED the look of the SS with seats but without the body panels!

But the comment about the "all out mediocer power of the brakes" was just lame. Are they able to lock up the wheels or not (until ABS takes over)? His remarks tell us nothing about the brakes other than they required more peddal pressure than he liked.

Basically another puff piece with Polaris looking over their sholder and dictating the type of testing.

·
Registered
792 Posts
The general consensus that we're seeing regarding the brakes could simply be nothing more than the fact that they are NOT power assisted. I would love to see the stopping distance from 60mph. 120-125ft like most cars? Less cuz it's half the weight?

·
Registered
686 Posts
The general consensus that we're seeing regarding the brakes could simply be nothing more than the fact that they are NOT power assisted.
Doesn't sound that way from this review:

"the Slingshot requires very firm pressure to stop quickly, and outright power is mediocre"

Maybe some softer pads would help.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I haven't seen the rotors yet. But adding friction by changing the compound of the pad will likely cause more headaches. If its as bad as people are making it out then I suspect a whole Brembo kit is in order.

Reactions: Slingking

·
Registered
776 Posts
I haven't seen the rotors yet. But adding friction by changing the compound of the pad will likely cause more headaches. If its as bad as people are making it out then I suspect a whole Brembo kit is in order.
Maybe , RABTECH. I hope not. Time will tell. I have had Brembo brakes on two bikes. And as far as brakes go, Brembo is the cats meow !!!!!!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
What I find interesting, is that NONE of our forum family that has been fortunate to take delivery has had negative reports concerning the brakes.

·
Registered
776 Posts
What I find interesting, is that NONE of our forum family that has been fortunate to take delivery has had negative reports concerning the brakes.
And I won't be driving my SS that hard. Most of the guys that don't like the brakes are WAY, WAY, over my head as far as driving goes. I'm just not that crazy. Probably because I'm not that good of a driver !!:)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Sure there are vendors already looking into a better braking system for the SS.
As more members get there hands on a SS we'll beable to decimate the overall performance of the SS.
There has been talk by some members of being able to use Brembo brakes off of other vehicles.
If so it would bring down the costs for us all.:):cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts