Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is really no reason for this crappy of a finish. She put her hand on it and I guess she moved it one way or the other. Next thing I heard was "ouch".

I hope no one else has this shotty of a finish on theirs. I posted somewhere else about the papercut issue and I could see people thinking bad things about me .

As my friend says. "If I tell you a piss ant will pull a bale of hay... Hook him up"

I just wanted to make sure I had the pictures posted so yall could see it.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
This is actually a special anti-theft feature.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow, that's much worse than I imagined. I used to work in a plastics fab shop. It was a big deal to never deliver anything like that to a customer. IMO, not only does it show poor craftsmanship, but brings up a safety issue. To take down an edge, we would shave the plastic carefully with a razor blade until we reached the desired finish. Probably too late for that now that it's painted.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea. I guess that could be an anti theft option.

·
Registered
239 Posts
There is really no reason for this crappy of a finish. She put her hand on it and I guess she moved it one way or the other. Next thing I heard was "ouch".

I hope no one else has this shotty of a finish on theirs. I posted somewhere else about the papercut issue and I could see people thinking bad things about me .

As my friend says. "If I tell you a piss ant will pull a bale of hay... Hook him up"

I just wanted to make sure I had the pictures posted so yall could see it.

Thats really bad, I would be very unhappy if that was mine. I would not of taken the thing from the dealership.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes let us know what they said about it. I'm going to really look over mine now before I take possession. Who woukd of thought you had to do such a thing on a brand new vehicle, I mean motorcycle ;)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Is that in front of the knee area ? If your knee is where I keep my ass .

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Beyond unacceptable.

I know we've had the 'hey but it's a $20K vehicle' debate. This should never happen on ANY vehicle regardless of price.

Polaris is a client of mine and I've sent some of these links to the key marketing guys I know who own SS.

I know it's a new thing, but it's plastic they've been doing plastic forever. Polaris is a storied company with over 60 years of delivering great products. Its one thing for this to come off the line this way, it's quite another to send it out the door this way. Ever watch those 'How It's Made' shows? Surely there is some quality control person who does a once over on the vehicles before they leave the factory. That dude needs to be fired.

I'm happy I'm waiting until spring (April-ish) to pull the trigger. These sort of issues just can't be rationalized away as 'hey, new model'. I'm hoping they get their shit together and up the quality control of the vehicles by the time I'm ready in 5 months.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its the arm area on the passenger side.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Beyond unacceptable.

I know we've had the 'hey but it's a $20K vehicle' debate. This should never happen on ANY vehicle regardless of price.

Polaris is a client of mine and I've sent some of these links to the key marketing guys I know who own SS.

I know it's a new thing, but it's plastic they've been doing plastic forever. Polaris is a storied company with over 60 years of delivering great products. Its one thing for this to come off the line this way, it's quite another to send it out the door this way. Ever watch those 'How It's Made' shows? Surely there is some quality control person who does a once over on the vehicles before they leave the factory. That dude needs to be fired.

I'm happy I'm waiting until spring (April-ish) to pull the trigger. These sort of issues just can't be rationalized away as 'hey, new model'. I'm hoping they get their shit together and up the quality control of the vehicles by the time I'm ready in 5 months.
Well, there you go. They'll be holding up the line now for more quality checks and remedial actions. All those guys in Texas will be pissed now, cause they will have to wait even longer. They wouldn't even give a hoot either. Most Texans have so many calluses on their hands, they'd never feel it.:D

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Beyond unacceptable.

I don't blame you for waiting, however, they will fix this stuff and until then, FUN,FUN,FUN,

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Kip does Polaris have any recommendations on what we can use to soften these rough edges?
I haven't heard any communication addressing the rough seams yet. If they do, it will likely be a solution they where will recommend taking it to your Polaris dealer for bodywork.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts