Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking about selling or trading my Harley to get the new SS. I'm just wondering if I'm loosing my mind, but it looks like I would have so much more fun with the SS and I've always wanted a T-rex but price point was not in the budget. I would like to hear what you guys think

·
The Pack
5,165 Posts
Here's the plan. Order the SS. If you like it more than the Harley then sell the Harley. If you prefer two wheels then sell the SS. You should be able to get what you paid for it or more early on.

·
Registered
210 Posts
So I'm thinking about selling or trading my Harley to get the new SS. I'm just wondering if I'm loosing my mind, but it looks like I would have so much more fun with the SS and I've always wanted a T-rex but price point was not in the budget. I would like to hear what you guys think
I sold my Goldwing (49yrs of riding motorcycles) and put my deposit down on a SS. I don't regret it and cannot wait for delivery.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The experience will be much different. It might be best to play it safe and wait until you get a chance to test drive a Slingshot. Especially, if you're not an A type driver. You may find yourself missing those Sunday morning cruises. Even if you wait, selling the Harley should be easy. They hold value and are in demand.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The experience will be much different. It might be best to play it safe and wait until you get a chance to test drive a Slingshot. Especially, if you're not an A type driver. You may find yourself missing those Sunday morning cruises. Even if you wait, selling the Harley should be easy. They hold value and are in demand.
Type "A" ?. What's a type a driver? I just love fun and adrenaline, from mopeds, go carts, drag racing nitrous and turbo bikes to Harleys on the open road you name it I've done it...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Type "A" ?. What's a type a driver? I just love fun and adrenaline, from mopeds, go carts, drag racing nitrous and turbo bikes to Harleys on the open road you name it I've done it...
I looked it up in Webster's Dictionary. It says for a definition of type A, just watch 1320str8liner. :p

·
Registered
839 Posts
If you have the financial means, so keep your Harley some time for you to make sure you like the SS. But if you had already had your eyes on a T-Rex it shows that you already had the opening to buy something other than a motorcycle ... which is a good sign!

At worst ... a Harley that it can sell, then an SS too!

Only one life to live...!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm trading mine in. I put a fair amount of thought into it too as my first inclination was to trade in my car. It really came down to how often was I going to take the bike out to relax (or enjoy the weather during commute) and not just grab the slingshot instead.

Don't get me wrong, I am not even beginning to compare the type of ride being similar... just that both are appealing under pretty much exactly the same conditions. So, I saw my heavy investment in my bike not getting nearly the mileage I had bought it for.

Plan on picking up another bike eventually... just something that is more geared towards the purpose of only riding when I absolutely need to be on two wheels for a few hours or days. That means I don't need the saddlebags, passenger seats, or other amenities I invested in my current ride. Something smaller, lighter, and less expensive.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Since my back can no longer endure long duration rides I felt the seating position in the SS would be better for me. Therefore the Goldwing with trailer sold two weeks ago. I still have my M109R for cruising.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Yes, two different kind of rides. I love riding solo on my bike but lately I've been riding two-up and it's not the same. I don't worry about my safety but do worry about my passenger. The SS with company will be much more fun.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I ride all year here in Oregon. I have a big sportbike for summer and a small commuter bike for the rest of the year. I'm selling the commuter for the SS. Normally, I would get depressed if I went too long without riding. I haven't even seen the ss in person but I already know it would more than replace what I'd be missing with a bike. I'd say, if you can't afford to keep both, take the chance and get the SS. You can always easily get rid of the SS for another Hardley Movinson.....Woops autocorrect. ;-) OR....You may get the SS and never look back. That's how I assume I'll feel.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts