Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was 55*F here in mid-Michigan, sunny, and no snow ANYWHERE this afternoon. I would totally jump in my SS if I had one!
Weather like this makes me think about our customers and everyone who doesn't have their SS yet. It's been pretty mild weather around Christmas, and not an inch of snow has fallen yet, and I just can't help but think about the Northerners who could be enjoying a day like this one, or that one, before they pass and Mother Nature dumps all of December's snow in January. :cold:

Here's to you brave people hanging on to your passion! I hope you see an SS soon, you guys are still on my mind.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Thanks for the kind thoughts Kip. I feel for everyone who has put down a deposit early and has yet to receive their SS.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Here's to you brave people hanging on to your passion! I hope you see an SS soon, you guys are still on my mind.
Once Im delivered, Im suing Polaris for Post dramatic Slingshot disorder .Ow my sciatica ! Sniff .Thanks for recognizing my struggle .

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Thank you Kip. Mid 40's here today. I rode my bike to work (as usual.) I would have preferred the SS, it would have been warmer. :) I'll hang in there until I see you type those two little letters in a post on this thread.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Thanks brother..I too sympathized with the ones who already received their Slingshot with or without deposit. I'm talking about the ones with problems that cannot be resolved or in process of being resolved, if any. Taking one for the team I guess. Anyways, Happy Safe New Year to everyone.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Thanks Kip
Just today here it was in the 40s and sunny and dry. I took one of my cars out that usually is just sitting this time of year. Drove to my Indian dealer, and asked them if my SS has shipped from the Ohio store yet. Ended up calling the general manager of that store directly. It took them a very very long time to answer the phone. When I asked when my unit that has been sitting there for over a week was going to ship to me, the response was he had not arranged for a truck yet, and he would know more next week. The whole thing just pissed me off more. I went home and sat down and composed an email directly to the dealer principle of the investment group. He got back to me right away, and assured me it would be shipped post haste.

I mean, I paid for it in full, so they could credit the sale before year end, now how about getting it to me.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I have to be honest, between all the bullshit just getting one, after getting on board right at the beggining and then this, and to top it off, all the complaints about rev hanging and rpm drops and stalling, I wish I had never gone through with this. I think I may just put it out in my second garage, and put it up for sale.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to be honest, between all the bullshit just getting one, after getting on board right at the beggining and then this, and to top it off, all the complaints about rev hanging and rpm drops and stalling, I wish I had never gone through with this. I think I may just put it out in my second garage, and put it up for sale.
That's a bummer, man. The dealer side of things hasn't been exactly perfect either, but I still have a deep love for this machine. It's affordable and unique, and I just can't wait for the day I have my own.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I agree. This purchase has not been pleasant . In fact it has been down right unpleasant !! Now with all of the issues owners are having , I am having second thoughts for about the fourth or fifth time. If the latest info on this forum is correct. And Polaris accepts the Rev. issue as " NORMAL" , and they are not going to address it. Then I really dont want a Slingshot. I was buying the SL for my Wife and I to drive. And I really wont feel comfortable letting her drive it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts