Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Congrats! I was in your neck of the woods yesterday -- Olympia-Tumwater. Wondering when I'll first see one on the road. Sounds like it'll be soon!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No... they only got 2 in. First one is presold second one they decided to keep it as demo. I'm just gonna drool on it for a while and go to work.... they said polaris won't send more until every dealership gets their first shipment sigh...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Albuquerque just got their first two SLs this AM. Got the call and hauled a$$ to do the touchy-feely thing. Got two test rides, first the wife (she's still grinning.) then my turn. I don't think there will be any buyer's remorse in this household.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Now, when will they get to Iowa....you know...that place where they were made o_O

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Anyone hear of a dealer unloading a Base model yet?! :banghead:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Came in that Koch truck in the background?
yup. the driver had a loooong ramp in order to unload that thing. one panel on the driver side where the battery goes was not installed I'm assuming just in case the vehicle had a deal battery. Hood looks like a multi piece (center and two sides) which make it easier to wrap it. My only concern was the exhaust. When the vehicle was started I saw a puff of blue smoke from the exhaust. And as it idled there I could smell the odor of exhaust. Can be bothersome if stuck in traffic...

·
Registered
792 Posts
One more question, because I wonder how much my dealer will be chargeing for $etup. Did they crank them and drive them out of the trailer? In other words, were the engines already prepped, gas/oil etc?

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
yup. the driver had a loooong ramp in order to unload that thing. one panel on the driver side where the battery goes was not installed I'm assuming just in case the vehicle had a deal battery. Hood looks like a multi piece (center and two sides) which make it easier to wrap it. My only concern was the exhaust. When the vehicle was started I saw a puff of blue smoke from the exhaust. And as it idled there I could smell the odor of exhaust. Can be bothersome if stuck in traffic...
Yes, my SS had a battery tender on it when i arrived to pick it up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts