Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F2BE7FB6-4AB2-48A7-9D20-7B07DBB0BE03.jpeg Anyone got one of these? Not the dual rear exit model
Not sure how loud this is..

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the dual exhaust. The muffler in your picture looks to be the same muffler used on the dual system. If it is, it is a quality stainless steel ceramic coated piece. I would expect it to be just a bit louder without the duals going out to the back. And the duals are a little louder than stock.
I would not expect any heat reduction on passenger side footwell or glove-box because the exhaust still exits in front of the passenger. That is where I think a good portion of the heat is coming from.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the dual exhaust. The muffler in your picture looks to be the same muffler used on the dual system. If it is, it is a quality stainless steel ceramic coated piece. I would expect it to be just a bit louder without the duals going out to the back. And the duals are a little louder than stock.
I would not expect any heat reduction on passenger side footwell or glove-box because the exhaust still exits in front of the passenger. That is where I think a good portion of the heat is coming from.
I am thinking about getting this exhaust. Did you install it yourself? How do you like the sound? Did it reduce heat ? More power?
Would you suggest to other? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did install myself, took a weekend on jack-stands. The sound is a little lower than stock a maybe a bit louder, but no drone at highway speeds. Wife and I just finished a 3200 mile vacation from Iowa to Arizona and back, so I got to live with it for over a week. The transmission tunnel still gets a bit warm, but not like it did with the the stock exhaust. Definatly took away the heat from the floor and glove box. Did not notice power increase but seemed like powerband moved higher in rpm.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just installed the a Thermal R & D front exit exhaust and 1320 V1 headers. I love the sound. Not too loud but it now sounds as powerful as it looks.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info Jerry. I’m running 2 Brothers exhaust and it’s way too loud and drones like mad..
I’ll take another look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts