Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a chance to check out a SS. That machine is BAD A**!! It's not to comfortable for my 6' 6'' frame & 36'' inseam. The strange thing is I sat in both models. The SL had a little more legroom than the Base model. The salesman couldn't understand why. I had both seats pushed all the way back & the tilt wheel all the way up. It's harder getting out of the SS than a C4 Corvette!!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Kinda scares me a little. I used to be 6'5" at one time, but time and age have caused me to shrink a little. I'm 6'4" these days with a 34 inch inseam, so maybe it'll be ok.

I probably should head up there after the holiday and sit in them. If it's not comfortable, I'd probably pull my deposit and buy another Indian, or maybe another car.

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Kinda scares me a little. I used to be 6'5" at one time, but time and age have caused me to shrink a little. I'm 6'4" these days with a 34 inch inseam, so maybe it'll be ok.

I probably should head up there after the holiday and sit in them. If it's not comfortable, I'd probably pull my deposit and buy another Indian, or maybe another car.
I'm 6"2' and have 800 miles on my SS so far... I find it extremely comfortable.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I hear ya!! I held out on putting down a deposit until I had a chance to check it out. It might work for you. The SL wasn't horrible for me. But once I got in the SS. It wasn't easy getting out. The salesman mentioned a guy 6' 3'' came in to check it out. He had no problem.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts

Its good to be short, 6'1"

·
Registered
434 Posts
Its good to be short, 6'1"
hahaha, thats not short, i'm 5'8" and just a little "fluffy" at 250 lbs.
But i have had both knees operated on, so i am hoping that i will be ok getting in and out.
I may have to roll out on the ground, but you gotta do what you gotta do, LOL

Reactions: Gypsyjon

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
hahaha, thats not short, i'm 5'8" and just a little "fluffy" at 250 lbs.
But i have had both knees operated on, so i am hoping that i will be ok getting in and out.
I may have to roll out on the ground, but you gotta do what you gotta do, LOL
Hehe. Getting in is quite easy. One foot on the floor board grab the wheel and drop right in...then pull in your second leg. Getting out... i prop myself up using the steering wheel and step on the driver seat with right foot while stepping out with the left. After a few drives u get used to it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hehe. Getting in is quite easy. One foot on the floor board grab the wheel and drop right in...then pull in your second leg. Getting out... i prop myself up using the steering wheel and step on the driver seat with right foot while stepping out with the left. After a few drives u get used to it.
SlingMods, Bo & Luke Duke would be proud ;)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hey Chi, we're workin on the removable steering wheel assembly.. won't be ready till feb though.
Ican hold off till then, that's one of my hi-priorty things to do. are you going to be using the same wheel. saw a bunch of sets on ebay, but wasn't sure if it would fit. will wait to see what you come up with.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts