Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone else is like me then the first thing you are thinking about doing is making the Slingshot engine produce more power :)

I assume the standard air intake, exhaust and tune will be something to consider right away. Anyone have any other ideas of how they would like to tune their Slingshot?

·
Registered
76 Posts
If anyone else is like me then the first thing you are thinking about doing is making the Slingshot engine produce more power :)

I assume the standard air intake, exhaust and tune will be something to consider right away. Anyone have any other ideas of how they would like to tune their Slingshot?
I would certainly do some major ECU tuning and probably upgrade the Ecotec's durability factor in addition to what you mentioned.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Any thoughts if a K&N intake kit for a Cruze, for example, would be a direct bolt on for the Slingshot? Just was thinking about this and whether any current intake kits would be a direct bolt on to the Slingshot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My family in South MD have 3 Pontiac Solstices and my hopes are that we can Mod together. Id like to get no more than 3 to 400HP out of the Stock Ecotech with little durability issues. plus having some experience in my corner feels comforting.

·
Registered
620 Posts
My family in South MD have 3 Pontiac Solstices and my hopes are that we can Mod together. Id like to get no more than 3 to 400HP out of the Stock Ecotech with little durability issues. plus having some experience in my corner feels comforting.
400hp ? That's a bunch might need to up grade just about everything to it to use that power in a proper way.

·
Registered
497 Posts
that's a pretty large intake on there for a 2.4 liter. other than putting in a K&N filter I don't think there's much to be gained there.

now that muffler / catalytic converter looks like its going to have to go. exhaust and a tune will be my first mods

·
Registered
31 Posts
400hp ? That's a bunch might need to up grade just about everything to it to use that power in a proper way.

He has the GXP and as far as i know he did do a lot of work to it. It came turbo so he did a chipset, exhust, intercooler?,and stuff i dont even know about.

All i know is that GM is known to pack a lot for power in small spaces LS1 LS2 etc. they fit in hondas, Ive seen Solstices with 2008 Vett V8s swaps.

I know with the limited space of the engine compartment on the SS that MAY not happen but im excited to see what some of the creative minds will throw into this thing.

·
Registered
620 Posts

He has the GXP and as far as i know he did do a lot of work to it. It came turbo so he did a chipset, exhust, intercooler?,and stuff i dont even know about.

All i know is that GM is known to pack a lot for power in small spaces LS1 LS2 etc. they fit in hondas, Ive seen Solstices with 2008 Vett V8s swaps.

I know with the limited space of the engine compartment on the SS that MAY not happen but im excited to see what some of the creative minds will throw into this thing.
gusset the frame upgrade the shock's and build

1 - 20 of 65 Posts