Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
My better half, still in Germany, tells me the SS is being advertised in Germany for 35,000 euro, approx $36,000. I'm sure a great deal of that amount is duty but wow! I think I'd pass at that price.
For the benefit of the poor guys on the forum who are married, please tell them how you successfully keep the spouse overseas - I'm sure they would appreciate the information!!!
;):eek::rolleyes::p:D

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the benefit of the poor guys on the forum who are married, please tell them how you successfully keep the spouse overseas - I'm sure they would appreciate the information!!!
;):eek::rolleyes::p:D
She is German and will retire in 2 years. I'd still be there if I did not get the throat cancer and had to retire. She'll be moving to Cape Coral. We communicate on VIBER - excellent free service

·
W.H.O.R.E. (We Haul Our Ride Everywhere)
1,601 Posts
My better half, still in Germany, tells me the SS is being advertised in Germany for 35,000 euro, approx $36,000. I'm sure a great deal of that amount is duty but wow! I think I'd pass at that price.

Polaris Slingshot Arrives in Europe, Prepare for Awesome Fun
Hmmm ... now we know what to do with all those empty shipping containers after we unload the Porsches and Mercedes. Damn America is actually making something the rest of the world wants again. Go Team USA ! ;)

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really good point! The Germans are extremely regional, that is a tough market to break into. Especially in Stuttgart where I was a science advisor for the US European Command.

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
There is no mud slinging here. Facts, Friends, Whitty, Talent, no attacks

Reactions: Tripod

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've seen too many forums go down in flames because of a few individuals. The mods here have culled and keep doing a great job. This is not censorship as much as supporting the freedom of individual rights.

Reactions: Tripod

·
Registered
5,285 Posts
When I was stationed at the US Army Security Agency in Berlin in the mid-70s, my 1976 Trans AM (400ci V8) that I bought for $5300 ($5700 including shipping) sold on the German market for DM 25,000 ($10K at the time). Thought about selling it but brought it back to the US when I got reassigned to Ft. Devens, MA.

·
Registered
5,285 Posts
Just saw an article that pretty much said the Slingshot causes the same reactions in Berlin as it does here.
Loosely translated first couple sentences - Wherever the Slingshot surfaces, the passers-by pull out their cameras, and if the driver stops, it's difficult to rescue himself from the questions.
Der Polaris Slingshot ist der freie Radikale

·
Registered
310 Posts
Just saw an article that pretty much said the Slingshot causes the same reactions in Berlin as it does here.
Der Polaris Slingshot ist der freie Radikale
Informative article. As in the US, the SS is licensed in a category (L5e) free of crash test requirements (and exhaust restrictions). A motorcycle endorsement is needed only if your driving license was issued after Jan 2013. I found it curious that the reviewer suggested a need to heat the foot area.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Informative article. As in the US, the SS is licensed in a category (L5e) free of crash test requirements (and exhaust restrictions). A motorcycle endorsement is needed only if your driving license was issued after Jan 2013. I found it curious that the reviewer suggested a need to heat the foot area.
If they have no exhaust restrictions, then they may be using a different muffler than the US versions that doesnt quite have the heat issues.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts