Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Without getting down and fully examining the set-up, I didn't see anything that appears to be an adjuster for the drive belt tension. Does anyone have any insight on how the belt is adjusted or removed? Does the front pully use an ecentric (sp) to adjust tension? If so, could a belt change could be done roadside if one is distroyed? No sense buying and having a spare if it's a long, complicated process.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Without getting down and fully examining the set-up, I didn't see anything that appears to be an adjuster for the drive belt tension. Does anyone have any insight on how the belt is adjusted or removed? Does the front pully use an ecentric (sp) to adjust tension? If so, could a belt change could be done roadside if one is distroyed? No sense buying and having a spare if it's a long, complicated process.
You will find the answer here
http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/slingshot-service-training-videos.1007/unread

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Lollipop adjuster. Should be able to do roadside.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
The only problem I noted with the belt adjuster is that you have remove at least 1 body panel to get to the mechanism.
If someone can figure out how to mount tow points to the front, we could remove the belt and tow the Slingshot using a simple A-frame towbar. With the belt removed, no wear and tear on the drive-train and it would certainly be a lot cheaper to tow it on its own wheels.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Didn't hear mention of grease fittings any where on the SS in the videos. Don't see any on the front suspension, A-arm bushings or tie rods. Wondering if the rear swing arm has one on the pivot shaft or if the drive shaft has a spline which requires lubrication.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
I like to do things as inexpensively as possible. I like the idea of simple towing, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy a trailer if I can find one that meets my needs/pricepoint.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Might not be a bad idea to start a trailer forum like the insurance forum.
I have seen a couple nice Alum. one's, but your right they are pricey.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Didn't hear mention of grease fittings any where on the SS in the videos. Don't see any on the front suspension, A-arm bushings or tie rods. Wondering if the rear swing arm has one on the pivot shaft or if the drive shaft has a spline which requires lubrication.
Ask DAVID SALING he might have an answer for you

·
Registered
59 Posts
There has been no mention of any grease fittings and I still don't have a service manual the only thing provided by Polaris at this point has been the videos there is not even an online service manual so at this time I don't know .

·
Registered
59 Posts
I can tell you from experience with dealing with the rzr that they may have a grease fitting but until I get my hands on the first unit its all speculation I believe we will all breath a collective sigh once we have a hands on I believe that it will happen within the next two weeks

·
Registered
59 Posts
And personally guys I can't wait .I'm a grease monkey at heart I know that this is going to be an awesome peice of equipment I'm motorcycle guy always have been but this thing is a game changer I feel proud to be able to be one of the guys that gets to put my greasy little hands on one first trust me I will post videos of them unloading off the trailer but I only know what I've been given at this point

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
And personally guys I can't wait .I'm a grease monkey at heart I know that this is going to be an awesome peice of equipment I'm motorcycle guy always have been but this thing is a game changer I feel proud to be able to be one of the guys that gets to put my greasy little hands on one first trust me I will post videos of them unloading off the trailer but I only know what I've been given at this point
David, from now on I'm giving you a metal every time you speak.
So happy to have you with us

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well I'm happy to give positive input there are a lot of questions and not a lot of answers for the guys that have put money down on a ss I feel like they are the ones that need answers and I'm always happy to give them any information I have

1 - 20 of 29 Posts