Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

From the videos that we've seen from Polaris, we know that their three-wheeled vehicle looks like a ton of fun.

NBC15 suggests that its the perfect gift for the holidays, but it might just be too big to fit under your Christmas tree. While it might seem like a toy, you'll have to go to a motorsport dealership to find one.

"This vehicle, as you can see, is very futuristic," says Robert Hintz, the president of Engelart Motorsports. He is the first dealer in southern Wisconsin to receive the Polaris Slingshot.

Hintz continues sharing his thoughts on the "motorcycle," and you can hear the excitement in his voice. He calls the Slingshot "futuristic," and one can't help but think of the Batmobile when he talks about it.

The Slingshot can hit 60 mph in four seconds, and offers more stability than a motorcycle.

"It's an exciting time of the year, we've got a lot of people at them as Christmas gifts, new toy for the garage."

You might have to branch away from TOYS-R-US to grab this, but make you you find one soon, because you're not the only one looking to stuff your stockings with this roadster.

Watch the video here: http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/Polaris-Slingshot-cruises-into-southern-Wisconsin-286113151.html

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
It has Ferrari-like speeds, going zero-to-60 in four seconds.

Found that interesting.......

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Upon further research, there aren't any official numbers yet, but I've seen references to 3, 4 and 5 seconds as well...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had a phone conversation with my parents this morning. They get their local news out of Madison and saw this report last night. They were asking me when I would be getting mine. My mom is 74 and wants to get one now!
Looks like you have thrill-seeker in your blood!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts