Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having the wonderful privilege of sitting in the Slingshot yesterday I am struggling for the right descriptive words to explain the experience for you guys. They say a picture is worth a thousand words so I will try that. And mind you just like the rest of you, especially Mike P:), I have done a lot and ridden in many different vehicles. Mopeds, go-carts, airplanes. helicopters, formula 1 pace cars, crotch rockets etc. But there is something truly very unique about this Slingshot, it isn't just the open top it's the "pleasure spot". All of the videos and "surfing asphalt" comments make complete sense after you sit in it and see it.

This will be your feeling when you first sit in the drivers seat;

Formula 1.jpg

You will feel safe, secure, in full control completely ready to turn and burn!

This will be your feeling when sitting in the passenger seat;

Roller Coaster.jpg

You feel safe, secure but have the instinctive need to grab onto something because of that open area just to your right. The "pleasure spot" it gives you an exhilarating feeling. Mind you I wasn't even moving but when I looked to my right my first reaction was to immediately move to my left and hug the center console. After really thinking about this you can see it in the promo videos when riders push away from this area and move to the center. I also remember this during the news video the female reporter was doing the same thing.

The Slingshot is truly a work of art and will be an experience like none other and well worth the wait!:happy:

·
Registered
497 Posts
After having the wonderful privilege of sitting in the Slingshot yesterday I am struggling for the right descriptive words to explain the experience for you guys. They say a picture is worth a thousand words so I will try that. And mind you just like the rest of you, especially Mike P:), I have done a lot and ridden in many different vehicles. Mopeds, go-carts, airplanes. helicopters, formula 1 pace cars, crotch rockets etc. But there is something truly very unique about this Slingshot, it isn't just the open top it's the "pleasure spot". All of the videos and "surfing asphalt" comments make complete sense after you sit in it and see it.

View attachment 678

View attachment 679

You feel safe, secure but have the instinctive need to grab onto something because of that open area just to your right. The "pleasure spot" it gives you an exhilarating feeling. Mind you I wasn't even moving but when I looked to my right my first reaction was to immediately move to my left and hug the center console. After really thinking about this you can see it in the promo videos when riders push away from this area and move to the center. I also remember this during the news video the female reporter was doing the same thing.

The Slingshot is truly a work of art and will be an experience like none other and well worth the wait!:happy:
Ok this post gave me new inspiration for my vanity plate.

"G-SPOT"

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ok this post gave me new inspiration for my vanity plate.

"G-SPOT"
Per the WA Dept of Licensing:

Sorry, G-SPOT is not available.
Why is this plate unavailable?
  • Someone else already has this plate.
  • OR
  • It has already been identified as inappropriate or offensive.
I wonder which one??

By the way, Contact Tower -- great narrative!! I went from "I can't wait" to "DAMMIT, POLARIS, RELEASE MY SLINGSHOT!" :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Per the WA Dept of Licensing:

Sorry, G-SPOT is not available.
Why is this plate unavailable?
  • Someone else already has this plate.
  • OR
  • It has already been identified as inappropriate or offensive.
I wonder which one??

By the way, Contact Tower -- great narrative!! I went from "I can't wait" to "DAMMIT, POLARIS, RELEASE MY SLINGSHOT!" :)
Well fortunately for me, I live in Texas. We gave Michael Sam a job... So obviously we're a much more liberal state :D

·
Registered
497 Posts
We are a liberal state. We have more Mexican food restaurants than American food. (Of this I am very appreciative). Supplied three very liberal American Presidents. We are a right to carry State, We are a right to work state. Pickup gun racks are A dealer option. How much more liberal can you get??? :D:D:D

·
Super Moderator
5,848 Posts
Maybe I have my words confused...I work, I carry...LBJ wasn't our fault however Lady Bird gave us many beautiful flowers! I love the fact that we don't consider Taco Bell Mexican food. My truck has bump gate guards and a gun rack! My taxes support way to many government projects including able bodied folks who choose not to work....hmmmmmm

·
Registered
497 Posts
Alas...Sometimes my sense of humor gets me in trouble. :p

Being from Texas and us not seceding is being pretty damn liberal :D

Not shooting the idiots on the freeway every morning is being very liberal in my opinion :eek:

·
Registered
796 Posts

View attachment 678

View attachment 679

Good report!

·
Registered
382 Posts
We are a liberal state. We have more Mexican food restaurants than American food. (Of this I am very appreciative). Supplied three very liberal American Presidents. We are a right to carry State, We are a right to work state. Pickup gun racks are A dealer option. How much more liberal can you get??? :D:D:D
Hmm seems odd, Maryland is one of the most liberal states around, they must have lost the correct definition. We are a "Sanctuary State" for illegals, we would have more Mexican Restaurants, but we are so anti business, it is hard to sell Lemonade here. You are not allowed to defend yourself outside of your home, and even then you are guilty until public outcry says you are not. Maryland passed such harsh laws the we successfully chased one of the oldest gun manufacturers out of our state to a more friendly location. A gun rack in your pickup will buy you an automatic detainment if not a full blown wood shampoo from Maryland's Finest.

Hmm no wonder the Slingshot is not approved for sale in Maryland.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hmm no wonder the Slingshot is not approved for sale in Maryland.[/QUOTE]

Bigfoot are you kidding??? the SS is not approved for sale in Maryland???

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hmm no wonder the Slingshot is not approved for sale in Maryland.

Bigfoot are you kidding??? the SS is not approved for sale in Maryland???[/QUOTE]

No, It is not approved YET. Pete's cycle says they are hopeful that it will be approved for sale by October, but they are not taking deposits based on that. There are no Maryland dealers listed for that reason.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts