Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're anything like me then you probably can't wait for the Slingshot to be released! So, in the meantime I've created this waiting room to help us all pass the time.

Post up anything that will help get our minds off the next 25 days 6 hours 11 minutes and three seconds...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have had 2 Spyders, latest 2013. BRP failed to disclose a false positive on a check engine screen that plagues all models when there is nothing wrong with the engine,according to my dealer. So the dealers don't disclose it either, and this is a major distraction that forces eyes off the road and onto the dash. Class action lawsuit city. When my dealer told me about Slingshot and that he is looking to carry it, I say beam me up Scotty, the Spyder and BRP are just bad memories now. If you're a Spyder owner in hot climate, spread the word. Hope Slingshot hits the market and price points right, maybe BRP will wake up or there will Spyders for sale for 10 bucks. I'm Slingshot ready and may the Spyder RIP. Long post, trying to keep you all busy while we wait.
355_email.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow I hadn't heard about that issue. That is definitely distracting. Do you mind telling us what you paid for your Spyders? It would be good to get some real world purchase numbers so we can gauge what the Slingshot price might be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
UtHey 4NINES, here are your answers plus a little extra. Spyder 1-2012 RS-SE5, semi auto tranny, no gears to shift, just press +/- on the left handlebar. Downshift in panic stop not necessary as bike did it auto. Full compliment of safety features Slingot will have. Awesome acceleration, O-60 4.5 sec. 2 cylinder Rotax 998cc engine. Sport model, no frills, cost about $18k including tax. Does not hold resale value. Put 10K miles on it sold it for $10k 18 months later. Spyder 2-2013 model purchased new as a leftover once 2014 models came out. Same features as Spyder I except this was an ST (sports touring), better ergonomics, riding position, 200 lbs. heavier at 829. Same engine. Price about 19K with taxes as it was a 2013 model. Now the little extra. If any of you have ridden before, it's always eyes on the road in the direction of travel, with the occasional glance on mirrors and other lanes for escape routes. The problem I discussed in previous post makes it impossible to fully concentrate on the road, especially when it happens the first time since dealer/BRB policy is disclosure if they get a complaint. Neuroscience tells us that the brain tells the eyes to look at movement, extreme color changes and flashing lights, which this fault causes. I tried to impress the dealership at mid and high mgmt levels they must disclose this fault as a rider could panic not knowing what this is, take their eyes to the dashboard multiple times, lose focus on the road, and end up in a serious injury accident or dead. The dealer refuses to disclose and told me to call BRP in Quebec, Canada, where those French/Canadians are. Canadians are fine, the French dislike Americans big time. I guess saving their ass in WWII was not enough. Go on Spyder forums, post this problem and the dealers and BRP's policy of non disclosure of life threatening faults. As a rider community one of our jobs is to keep others safe. I am calling BRP and we should all call the National Transportation Highway Safety Administration and make them aware of this as it impacts the autos that would be in a crash with the bike. We're waiting for Slingshot, but why not take the time to save another rider?

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds like they aren't cheap for what all you get. That's definitely not good about the check engine lights. I'm sure the more people that become aware of it the faster that BRP will get the issue fixed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like they aren't cheap for what all you get. That's definitely not good about the check engine lights. I'm sure the more people that become aware of it the faster that BRP will get the issue fixed.
BRB has been aware for over 2 years and flatly refuses to do anything. Ii's a simple line of code, "if and only if", could be done by the google masters in 5 minutes. BRP is either too stupid or doesn't care about their financial exposure on fraud pertaining to full disclosure laws.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts