Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
I also put my deposit down. $500 and I am first on the list in my area with another person after me. Dealer said that they may only get 3-4 so who knows.
But I am excited about it. It is like a Henry Ford. I can only get it in red and the SL. That is what the dealer ordered/is getting and that is my only choice.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm first on the list at the nearest dealer to me selling the slingshot for the sl. I can't wait.
We will all be happy little boys/girls when our slingshot comes in. My dealer said I am first on the list, but that the manufacturer said he won't be getting any until Oct. 1st. So that is my target date. I'm so excited but hope there will be others to ride with. One time I got a big Yamaha cruiser, but now one would ride with me because I had abandoned the harley brand. My other friend all had crotch rockets so they could not ride on the highway on long trips without being blowing all over the road. The Syders have their group. So I hope we will be enough in numbers to rally. Brian

·
Registered
686 Posts
I put down the $500 fully refundable deposit at Spirit Motorcycle in San Jose, CA.

They said they're getting six in October; I'm #2 on the waiting list.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey everybody. I found out about the slingshot monday night ,went to the dealer tuesday morning and got my deposit in for the first one to hit the floor here. I talked to 3 dealers, they said the minimum deposit was about $1000. None of them could put a concrete date down as to when it would be in , just mid to late september. The dealer where I put the deposit down quoted me $24 k o.t.d for the base and $28k for the SL o.t.d.

·
Registered
87 Posts
hey everybody. I found out about the slingshot monday night ,went to the dealer tuesday morning and got my deposit in for the first one to hit the floor here. I talked to 3 dealers, they said the minimum deposit was about $1000. None of them could put a concrete date down as to when it would be in , just mid to late september. The dealer where I put the deposit down quoted me $24 k o.t.d for the base and $28k for the SL o.t.d.
Could be dealer fees, but that's a big dealer fee lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am at the top of the list for the SL. Dealer indicated that should have by end of Oct. I have other toys but am really looking forward.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Its official. Just put a deposit ($500) down on the last of three initial units to my dealer. Getting the metallic base model. Stoked.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Where the heck do you live? I hope sales tax in your state is 15%. Otherwise your dealers are really sticking it to the buyers there. My dealer said it would be list plus normal freight and setup. The same as when I bought my RZR's there. Sure these are going to be a bit of a rare bird this fall but that seems like gouging to me. Maybe it pays to live in the midwest where a dealer relationship means something.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just put $5k on a Slingshot SL in Southeast Texas, but I live in Louisiana. Could not find any qualifying dealers in my area. I reserved the first of 3 units available. The dealer explained that 1 of these 3 must be kept on the floor at all times for demonstration and test drives. I had the choice of base or SL, to me it felt like the upgrades were worth the extra $4k. Base had a drive out at $24k and SL at $28k. Delivery is expected late September.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wherever you go, just do not go to this place... I never tolerated gouging and wish there was a way to prevent it. Unfortunately, there are only two dealers around ATL that do slingshots. My regular dealer opted out due to showroom floor and other expensive requirements. Will just stick to my Spyders and a Torq (what an awesome machine that is!!!) till other purchasing options come along. Do not mind full retail, but will never support gouging...
image.jpg

·
Registered
127 Posts
Talked to a dealer today about the test drive he had, money, and deposit. Hmmmmm, might have deposit in soon.

·
Registered
434 Posts
WOW, gouging that bad really reflects bad on Polaris. They are allowing it to happen.
But it especially reflects bad on that dealer.
I just emailed my local dealer asking what the OTD price is on a SL.
If it is over retail or includes extra charges, then they will just lose that cash sale and polaris will lose a customer, forever.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Completely agree, many will say supply and demand but any markup over retail and the dealer should lose their rights to sell. One dealer I have worked with for years does a ton of Polaris volume but will not be selling the SS. Too bad because they too would never stoop to these types of practices. I hope Polaris Corporate is monitoring this crap and puts a clamp on it quickly. As I stated before this is not a one time Polaris purchase for me. I have an ATV and two RZR's in the garage.

·
Registered
87 Posts
As a note of caution, I talked to my dealer, and after putting my deposit down he told me the rules from polaris, this is all from him so he could be wrong. He said polaris only gives out 3 at a time, after the us gets the first batch in the fall, Canada will get the winter batch and overseas will get late winter/early spring. The dealer must always have 1 on the floor, meaning if you're the last one to buy it, you'll have to let it sit on the floor until another could replace it. Again, this is what my dealer told me.

21 - 40 of 329 Posts