Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Yes, very interested. I believe I sent a request to your website asking for something like this to be made. I like the horizontal lines of the one that was posted better but I am sure you are still working on the concept right now. Put me down for one when the parts are ready!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Hey @Kev , from the amount of interest in this thread and some from the past, I think you could really sell a lot of the gap fillers if you were able to make 2 bolt on units. Many agree that those 2 areas need something and don't want to spend $1000.00 or more replacing the nose. It would be a lot to 3d print. Maybe injection mold?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yes, very interested. I believe I sent a request to your website asking for something like this to be made. I like the horizontal lines of the one that was posted better but I am sure you are still working on the concept right now. Put me down for one when the parts are ready!
Not sure you were referring to my body change ?
I am building this for one off out of my garage...
I am not a company but a backyard person who knows just enough to make this.
But I have to do everything 3 to 4 times to get it some what correct.

·
Registered
619 Posts
AT SSBODYKITS.COM we,re always looking for the next best mod to fabricate, and after discussing with a few guys on another thread,@MiM @AllIn5450 @Ross @Neosolidus,@Funinthesun @ Irobbi @Kenny-h some are looking to change that "mustache look" someone tossed out this one off custom photo and asked if it was doable? ABSOLUTELY (at least something similar) ! the big Question I have is, is there a market for it? What do you guys think ? Please chime in, I,m looking for feedback, is this a mod you could see yourself purchasing ? The two new round air inlets (or something similar) on each side could be functional as in directing, ducting air for brake cooling. Any input is appreciated, Still just tossing around ideas, so no pricing has been firmed up yet, but painted and delivered , it would have to run at least a grand, but certainly not two ? Don't be shy, I have broad shoulders lol. View attachment 123633
I think it looks good - except for for the round intakes. There aren't any round lines on the Slingshot - so, to me, they look out of place.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I agree with @ZimDog. There are no round lines on the Sling except for the headlights and there are already 4 on the front. 6 if you have the Canadians. Also, the panels inside of the headlights look bolted on, and the inside and top lines don't line up with the lines of the hood.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I do like the 'fierce' look of your design. Stay with that and it will sell.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I agree there are no round contours on the SS, I really like the style on the model made off shore. Horizontal lines with venting inbetween to help cool the brakes.

·
Registered
827 Posts
If fit and finish is clean I'd be interested in the mock up front replacement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
AT SSBODYKITS.COM we,re always looking for the next best mod to fabricate, and after discussing with a few guys on another thread,@MiM @AllIn5450 @Ross @Neosolidus,@Funinthesun @ Irobbi @Kenny-h some are looking to change that "mustache look" someone tossed out this one off custom photo and asked if it was doable? ABSOLUTELY (at least something similar) ! the big Question I have is, is there a market for it? What do you guys think ? Please chime in, I,m looking for feedback, is this a mod you could see yourself purchasing ? The two new round air inlets (or something similar) on each side could be functional as in directing, ducting air for brake cooling. Any input is appreciated, Still just tossing around ideas, so no pricing has been firmed up yet, but painted and delivered , it would have to run at least a grand, but certainly not two ? Don't be shy, I have broad shoulders lol. View attachment 123633

·
Registered
2 Posts
Like the look but I think that the front bottom should be straight instead of having the angel at the ends
But if it would have a reasonable price I would buy it for my 2016 bike

21 - 35 of 35 Posts