Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AT SSBODYKITS.COM we,re always looking for the next best mod to fabricate, and after discussing with a few guys on another thread,@MiM @AllIn5450 @Ross @Neosolidus,@Funinthesun @ Irobbi @Kenny-h some are looking to change that "mustache look" someone tossed out this one off custom photo and asked if it was doable? ABSOLUTELY (at least something similar) ! the big Question I have is, is there a market for it? What do you guys think ? Please chime in, I,m looking for feedback, is this a mod you could see yourself purchasing ? The two new round air inlets (or something similar) on each side could be functional as in directing, ducting air for brake cooling. Any input is appreciated, Still just tossing around ideas, so no pricing has been firmed up yet, but painted and delivered , it would have to run at least a grand, but certainly not two ? Don't be shy, I have broad shoulders lol.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
It def looks nice. I could see getting it. I was toying with a cold air intake kit but in reality most of them still suck air from the engine compartment. If you were to route the intake down to one or two of those ports, then you'd really have a cold draft.

·
Registered
484 Posts
AT SSBODYKITS.COM we,re always looking for the next best mod to fabricate, and after discussing with a few guys on another thread,@MiM @AllIn5450 @Ross @Neosolidus,@Funinthesun @ Irobbi @Kenny-h some are looking to change that "mustache look" someone tossed out this one off custom photo and asked if it was doable? ABSOLUTELY (at least something similar) ! the big Question I have is, is there a market for it? What do you guys think ? Please chime in, I,m looking for feedback, is this a mod you could see yourself purchasing ? The two new round air inlets (or something similar) on each side could be functional as in directing, ducting air for brake cooling. Any input is appreciated, Still just tossing around ideas, so no pricing has been firmed up yet, but painted and delivered , it would have to run at least a grand, but certainly not two ? Don't be shy, I have broad shoulders lol. View attachment 123633
I'm in! Perfect for feeding air to the twins!

·
Registered
891 Posts
AT SSBODYKITS.COM we,re always looking for the next best mod to fabricate, and after discussing with a few guys on another thread,@MiM @AllIn5450 @Ross @Neosolidus,@Funinthesun @ Irobbi @Kenny-h some are looking to change that "mustache look" someone tossed out this one off custom photo and asked if it was doable? ABSOLUTELY (at least something similar) ! the big Question I have is, is there a market for it? What do you guys think ? Please chime in, I,m looking for feedback, is this a mod you could see yourself purchasing ? The two new round air inlets (or something similar) on each side could be functional as in directing, ducting air for brake cooling. Any input is appreciated, Still just tossing around ideas, so no pricing has been firmed up yet, but painted and delivered , it would have to run at least a grand, but certainly not two ? Don't be shy, I have broad shoulders lol. View attachment 123633
I loved what will be the $$$ range ??

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
The front end is the best looking part of the sling. What everyone is looking for is a better rear. The back of the slingshot has no design. I for one would be extremely interested in this. Corsa rear looks a lot better but the reviews of the bags are horrible.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The front end is the best looking part of the sling. What everyone is looking for is a better rear. The back of the slingshot has no design. I for one would be extremely interested in this. Corsa rear looks a lot better but the reviews of the bags are horrible.
@Atlas have you checked out our rear end kits, with or without luggage at wwssbodykits.com

·
Registered
361 Posts
hey kev.....theres a post by sharpe310 on page 3 on front gap fillers.......everybody loves them and wants them.....how about doing those in the mean time.....front gap fillers...please

·
15 Seconds Of Fame Anywhere You Go
583 Posts
How much and what is it made of.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey kev.....theres a post by sharpe310 on page 3 on front gap fillers.......everybody loves them and wants them.....how about doing those in the mean time.....front gap fillers...please
Hi @slinghighslinglow .yes weve looked at those fillers in detail. They do look cool eh ? Problem is they are not made from an open back mold where a laminator can lay cloth and resin into the mold easily and affordably. They were a one off probably very expensive run for some rich guy in UNITED EMIRATES. so what we are now looking at is making the red front end from my opening post in a three piece. The lower spoiler and front grill section would be one piece for those guys who want both and the upper sides would mate it but be seperate pieces for the guy who just wants filler pieces and is happy with his existing spoilers look . . Would this be appealing to you , what do you think

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@NJ Sling we,re still just tossing ideas around here to see what guys are interested in , all our parts are fibreglass and sold in a sandable gel coat for those who want to save money doing their own painting , or custom painted to your sling color. Not having decided on which front end to go with yet makes it tough to put a firm price on it. But a front end as shown would be minimum $1,000.00 and with custom paint , shipping etc could even run $ 2,000.,But please give us a chance to finish design and options, it may very well come in somewhere in the middle. If we go with a three piece design , as discussed in post #15 guys could use their spoilers etc and just add the sides as filler pieces above their spoilers. That option would certainly be more affordable too. But remember this thread came about from guys who were asking us to design a front end that did away with that "moustache look" by using a three piece its possible too design one that satisfies those guys request as well as the guys who are just looking for upper filler pieces.

·
Registered
484 Posts
This quad kit was designed and built by @Bob Runman , owner of Bullet Speed and Design. You won't be disappointed with this ultimate mod! Tell them Shadow Warrior sent ya and he will take care of you!

Bullet Speed and Design
2623 Grand Blvd., Suite 201
Holiday, FL 34690
727-940-2922
727-809-3256
Powdercoating 727-348-9175

bulletspeedanddesign

"Bullet Speed's Slingshot Quad Conversion Kit. Bullet Speed has proven to be a leader in innovation over and over again. If there is one thing that shows our capabilities it is this direct bolt-on Quad Kit. Zero fabrication is required! With Formula 1 inspired Push Rod/Rocker IRS rear suspension. Infinity G35 3.53:1 Limited Slip Rear Differential. Multi-color options like subframe color, upper and lower control arms, push rods, Bullet billet rear differential cover and Bullet Speed billet bearing blocks. Completely iliminate your angle drive. This kit is coupled with a Bullet Speed custom drive shaft. The Wilwood 12.1-inch disc brakes are mounted inboard, meaning the brakes don't travel up and down with the wheels keeping the spring rate low. We offer 2 different shock options. The base kit is equipped with two-way adjustable Yamaha R1 shocks with piggyback reservoir. And the Bullet Speed R-Spec kit features Billet Hyperpro 461 two way adjustable shocks with piggyback reservoir. (shown bellow) 100% of this kit is made in our state-of-the-art facility in Holiday Fl. Free installation. If you think your Slingshot gets attention with 3 wheels.... This Quad setup doesn't turn heads.... IT SNAPS NECKS! Below is the Bullet Speed Prize Fighter called "THE SILVER BULLET" We do Customs!"

1 - 20 of 35 Posts