Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
No, the Schutzstaffel (SS) simply were badass. I admire your effort, but it's real hard to avoid duplicating that double-lightning SS insignia when trying for an artistic rendering of Slingshot, though. SL might prove workable in place of SS.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Lightning Bolt actually has 3 in it to incorporate "Sling Shot Shifter" but at the same time incorporating the Lightning Bolt insignia. Yea it hit me like a bolt of lightning :woot:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We took it out Friday and I was pleasantly surprised how much easier it was to hit that 3rd gear with minimal effort. Lightning Bolt I don't know why the SS wasn't set up with one of these shifters to start with, the original shifter makes too long a through between gears.
If you want to speed shift with minimal effort GET YOU ONE ! ! !

·
Registered
686 Posts
We took it out Friday and I was pleasantly surprised how much easier it was to hit that 3rd gear with minimal effort. Lightning Bolt I don't know why the SS wasn't set up with one of these shifters to start with, the original shifter makes too long a through between gears.
The throw is shorter?

I thought it was just a shift knob.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ah-HA! But on the original shifter your hand is about 3 inches higher in elevation hints fourth longer throw or shift action... Elementary Watson !!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Oh, so it's 3" shorter than the stock shift knob - right?

Does that create any issues like not falling as easily to hand (I forget if there's an armrest)?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you look at the top picture my arm is laying on the armrest and I was just shifting between gears with the shifter between my thumb and forefinger's I really never actually move my arm to shift.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts