Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The wait is almost over guys and gals! We only have one week left before the July 27th release of the Polaris Slingshot! The last video just went live about 10 minutes ago and it offers the best view of the Slingshot that we have had yet!

We get a really good look at the front end of this thing with the photos above, and it looks straight wicked! It looks like we are going to see a quartet of running lights up front. Two in the center and then a pair of lights on the wings of this stingray shaped road ripper. The two that are front and center are placed in such a way that we are led to believe that this thing is having to meet some guidelines that get it through the DOT. Motorcycle classification?

Another peek at those rears that are straight out of TRON.

We get a true sense of how low this thing really sits with these photos. Couple that with that AGGRESSIVE front end, and I think that this thing is going to have some impressive street presence.

And lastly we get yet another, better view of the cockpit. It looks like there is a lot of room to move about in the cabin, but still stay firmly planted in your seat. What do I spy in the center console there... Looks like that is a screen of some sort. What do you guys think? Is that a screen or a cubby? Are we looking at a radio a nav screen?

I love the open air look and feel of the Slingshot! I cannot wait until this thing is on the highways and byways of the US!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Cool thanks.

Any shots of the dash in this video? It zips by but I didn't know if you could get a still of it.

Thanks again.

·
You could've had a V8
2,361 Posts
The Red has the screen (and subsequent buttons next to it) and the Gray just has a cubby (with no buttons). One of the early shots showed a "phone" icon next to one of the buttons so I am guessing bluetooth. Here is the gray from before...
Slingshot_Gray_Cockpit.png

·
You could've had a V8
2,361 Posts
Bluetooth would be cool especially if it synced somehow with your helmet. Do helmet systems currently do this with motorcycles? Would be cool to answer calls, listen to music, and hear navigation in the helmet.

·
You could've had a V8
2,361 Posts
Also noticed the cup holders again (this time from the side). Kinda funny that they are there considering you have to wear a helmet. Not complaining - I use mine in the truck for storage all the time - but seems a little silly.

Hopefully they are far enough back that you don't catch an elbow on the Big Gulp. :)

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
You're on the ball today! I hadn't even noticed the cup holders. That is funny about having them and also having to wear a helmet. I guess the argument could be that people might wear a 3/4 or a convertible helmet and still be able to enjoy a beverage :)

·
You could've had a V8
2,361 Posts
Another thing I just noticed from the previous videos, and from the picture on the forum splash page, is that there is a 12v outlet just in front of the shifter. I figured they would have at least one but I was nervous when I started seeing more and more of the dash.

Can't wait for the 27th! I still need details on storage spots (no trunk that I can see) and where is the exhaust?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts