Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Morriston, FL: Hahn RaceCraft, long noted for its high-performance prowess with the Ecotec engine in the new Polaris Slingshot, has decided to attack the upcoming Slingshot market with a challenge: Bring us your Slingshots, and we'll bring you high performance. What makes this challenge remarkable is that Hahn RaceCraft has turned it into a competition, one that will begin to erupt nationwide as the greatly-anticipated Slingshots start to deliver.

The premise is simple: the first Slingshot to arrive at the Hahn RaceCraft facility will receive the Grand Prize: a complete Stage II TurboSystem installation and tuning session...at no charge. The winner will also receive the Slingshot Turbo Derby loving cup trophy as the winner of the first inaugural Great American Turbo Derby.

The Great American Turbo Derby begins as soon as potential Derby participants take possession of their new Slingshots. While the first Slingshot to arrive at Hahn RaceCraft will receive the Grand Prize, the Derby Winnings don't stop there - prizes will continue to be awarded to all top five Derby finishers. When pressed for details, Bill Hahn Jr., the president of Hahn RaceCraft, excitedly but mysteriously refers to the other four prizes as "deliciously devious" in their style, coyly adding that he may reveal more details about them, but only if this competition gets the attention he's convinced it deserves.

The countdown is on...your move, Polaris.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Oh man......I'd go straight from my dealer. I probably won't receive mine even close to having a chance. Just in case, where do I go Bill?
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Morriston, FL: Hahn RaceCraft, long noted for its high-performance prowess with the Ecotec engine in the new Polaris Slingshot, has decided to attack the upcoming Slingshot market with a challenge: Bring us your Slingshots, and we'll bring you high performance. What makes this challenge remarkable is that Hahn RaceCraft has turned it into a competition, one that will begin to erupt nationwide as the greatly-anticipated Slingshots start to deliver.

The premise is simple: the first Slingshot to arrive at the Hahn RaceCraft facility will receive the Grand Prize: a complete Stage II TurboSystem installation and tuning session...at no charge. The winner will also receive the Slingshot Turbo Derby loving cup trophy as the winner of the first inaugural Great American Turbo Derby.

The Great American Turbo Derby begins as soon as potential Derby participants take possession of their new Slingshots. While the first Slingshot to arrive at Hahn RaceCraft will receive the Grand Prize, the Derby Winnings don't stop there - prizes will continue to be awarded to all top five Derby finishers. When pressed for details, Bill Hahn Jr., the president of Hahn RaceCraft, excitedly but mysteriously refers to the other four prizes as "deliciously devious" in their style, coyly adding that he may reveal more details about them, but only if this competition gets the attention he's convinced it deserves.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well obviously, I am out of the Great American Turbo Derby. I do not even have a SS yet; still waiting, waiting, waiting. My bet is on someone getting there first from FL.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm #1 for a base SS in orlando and as soon as I get it first thing I'm doing is calling Bill and taking the hour drive to Morriston wether or not I'm first there or not im still upgrading my SS!

·
Registered
686 Posts
I don't know, Bill...doesn't seem fair that the guys with the best chances doubly benefit from dumb luck, while the less fortunate are doubly penalized, by having to wait longer for their SS and having no chance to win.

Why not just a simple lottery?

·
The Pack
5,165 Posts
Because the reason he's giving away the stage two is because he needs a ss to work on. It would harm his business and the whole reason for this contest to make him wait for the lotto winner. It's what's called a win/win situation. He gets the machine to perfect his design and the first person willing to be the Experiment get a free stage two turbo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

How long would the process take, start to finish?

513 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well obviously, I am out of the Great American Turbo Derby. I do not even have a SS yet; still waiting, waiting, waiting. My bet is on someone getting there first from FL.
One never knows, does one? As Polaris is trying to do the democratic thing and get Slingshots delivered relatively simultaneously nationwide, one might think that being close to our location in Florida would be an advantage. However, we are but a day or two's very determined drive from even the farthest reaches of the nation, so whoever can get their hands on one first need only say those immortal words: ROAD TRIP!

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I don't know, Bill...doesn't seem fair that the guys with the best chances doubly benefit from dumb luck, while the less fortunate are doubly penalized, by having to wait longer for their SS and having no chance to win.

Why not just a simple lottery?
I agree with everyone. Bill has a great idea and his way will get him the slingshot asap. I feel your pain though Noah. I wish it were a lottery too so that I had a chance. I've never won anything. It's my luck. :) oh well. I'm still buying a slingshot.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Because the reason he's giving away the stage two is because he needs a ss to work on. It would harm his business and the whole reason for this contest to make him wait for the lotto winner. It's what's called a win/win situation. He gets the machine to perfect his design and the first person willing to be the Experiment get a free stage two turbo.
ok, fair enough

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm hoping I get mine Saturday I will drive straight there if no one has gotten it yet! What will these kits ball park cost? Also, what kind of turbo were u planing on using for the kit? I have a big 16g from off my talon that I took off from making it a drag car. Got a gt42 top mount on it now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Im in oklahoma so there is no way to make it there , however i would buy one as soon as you release them!!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Very clever idea and sounds like a lot of fun if half the country was not already covered in snow and sub-freezing temps. Sure, you could throw it in a trailer but how much fun is participating in a derby or rally looking through the windshield of a tow vehicle? Would love to see one of the rules being you have to drive it. I just know one of us crazies from the North will actually do it! :)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Bill, do you have a shop in the Omaha, NE area that you would recommend or someone you work with?

Thanks,

1 - 20 of 67 Posts