Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Considering Polaris would have had to design and build a new engine - hell yeah!

There will assuredly be gremlins with a new model, first year vehicle so having a proven 10 year old engine is not a bad thing.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious i've only had polaris atvs and the engines were ok but not terrible. I ride yamaha sleds and ride hard and never had a engine fail. I also have yamaha atvs and engines are light years better than my polaris. I do have a couple of friends that have polaris sleds and they seem to always have problems. Last summer I rented a RZR UTV in Moab. It had 7000 miles on it and when I talked the tech about it he said so far so good on the engine even as a rental! So im curious how has others luck been?

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Just curious i've only had polaris atvs and the engines were ok but not terrible. I ride yamaha sleds and ride hard and never had a engine fail. I also have yamaha atvs and engines are light years better than my polaris. I do have a couple of friends that have polaris sleds and they seem to always have problems. Last summer I rented a RZR UTV in Moab. It had 7000 miles on it and when I talked the tech about it he said so far so good on the engine even as a rental! So im curious how has others luck been?
Polaris is no Yamaha when it comes to engines unfortunately. Though not many companies are.

I have heard good and bad so I would rate them about average (even including Victory).

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
The relatively large displacement well proven auto engine was the primary reason why I felt comfortable ordering the SS unseen. BRP (Rotax) engines were why I chose CanAm Commander over RZR. Polaris engines may be just fine but it's always best to go with what you know Is good stuff.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I agree. It like the fact that they choose an established automobile engine. It's nothing for a modern car engine to run 100,000 miles. Makes we wonder how the engine will change over time. Do you think Polaris will keep a long term relationship with GM?

·
Registered
796 Posts
I feel pretty sure that the savvy attorneys representing both parties drew up a mutually beneficial legally binding contract. Both companies are multi-billion dollar corporations and know full well how to take care of their interests, and ultimately, their customers. Buy with confidence!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts