Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much dry blacktop around but what I did find ,this gem works well . After I get back in the hang of driving a manual this is going to be a blast . On wet roads in the cold it will run and you can stay dry and warm , that little windshield and cockpit thing makes a world of difference stacked up to a bike,boat,quad or whatever ride. The fit and finish is all right by me for the price and the seats look just fine . I did take it with a scratch on it caused by what ever reason -but new piece on the way . Like most people on here are saying it's a whole new ride like nothing else. Let me put it this way ,if I could buy a Harley or a Goldwing new for 1/2 price with no tax and had to ride it for the next 3 years , I would pay full price and roll with a Slingshot . Sweet ride ..........

Attachments

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Like most people on here are saying it's a whole new ride like nothing else. Let me put it this way ,if I could buy a Harley or a Goldwing new for 1/2 price with no tax and had to ride it for the next 3 years , I would pay full price and roll with a Slingshot . Sweet ride ..........
That is a very powerful statement from a new owner, one of the reasons the market is a little nervous and causing a ruckus in some states.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You just got to drive one and I got less than 50 miles on mine, on moist roads. Take a new Corvette ,shrink it and tear every Lawyer proof thing off of it and every ounce of spare weight off it and that's the way it drives.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
still waiting for mine dinger, just got all my e-track down today, wasnt fun laying in the rain under the trailer, but im heading south without the SS. I will be back before xmas and hoping mine is here then, if not I will look for one sitting and go get it.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Excellent dinger! Really glad to see them hitting Illinois. Great write up of your first impressions. Keep us informed!

Reactions: dinger

·
Registered
243 Posts
tell me if this makes any sense. i think the SS seemingly looks better in non-professional photographs as you posted.

is that a raptor back there?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Not much dry blacktop around but what I did find ,this gem works well . After I get back in the hang of driving a manual this is going to be a blast . On wet roads in the cold it will run and you can stay dry and warm , that little windshield and cockpit thing makes a world of difference stacked up to a bike,boat,quad or whatever ride. The fit and finish is all right by me for the price and the seats look just fine . I did take it with a scratch on it caused by what ever reason -but new piece on the way . Like most people on here are saying it's a whole new ride like nothing else. Let me put it this way ,if I could buy a Harley or a Goldwing new for 1/2 price with no tax and had to ride it for the next 3 years , I would pay full price and roll with a Slingshot . Sweet ride ..........
Very well said, most of the guys that got The slingshot they wore as impressed as you are presently, it is incredible to see how many people have the same impression towards the slingshot. That is so incredible.......to see it in person and to drive it is a total different world.

Congratulation buddy, very glad to see that you love it as much

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tell me if this makes any sense. i think the SS seemingly looks better in non-professional photographs as you posted.

is that a raptor back there?
No but your close , It's a YFZ450R with a tuner , pipe, aftermarket shocks ,steering stabilizer and so on . I will say this ,the Slingshot feels a lot like it as far as snappy power and able to break loose the rear end to spin around in the middle of the road just like a quad on the dirt . Just what I was looking for .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts