Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
Lookin good Rab!

Be careful your pushing the limits, you dont want to miss Panama city. It probably helps it run cooler with the hood off.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
RABTECH - AWESOME VIDEO'S & TECH

wished we lived closer - would love to soak your knowledge
in person - you sure do have some nice roads with few cars
for testing
carol & i finally got them Eyourlife 3.5 inch 18 watt CloverLeaf
flood lights mounted and hooked up - WoW - we wired them to the high-beam circuit - - can't wait to try them out on the dark country roads in New Jersey
......................... tom n carol

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
@RABTECH was the first member I met on this forum back in April, and it set the tone for all of my experiences since. He even let me drive his turbo when it was in a very experimental phase. Salt of the earth and the world is a better place with him in it.
Yep. @jookyone has been to my house and sat right on my sofa. You kept up pretty good thru my personal racetrack I call the National Forest. You welcome to come by anytime. It was great to meet ya.

for testing
flood lights mounted and hooked up - WoW - we wired them to the high-beam circuit - - can't wait to try them out on the dark country roads in New Jersey
I live in the backwoods area of Alabama. We have to pump sunlight in so we can even have daylight. I can leave my house and travel 22 miles thru the national forest and most of the time never meet a car. Now you will meet a wild hog or deer or even a Turkey. That is what i worry about hitting more than a car.

·
Registered
427 Posts

for testing
Let me know when you plan on driving down here if you want to take a ride together...
Sean

·
Registered
220 Posts
Rabtech helped me install my turbo from Hahn. He went
out of his way to guide me through the process with emails,
text messages and phone calls.

Simply put: I could not have done this without him.

He is a great guy and this forum would be lacking bigtime without him.

Thanks Robert...you are the best....
Thanks Fun...

Richard

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Let me know when you plan on driving down here if you want to take a ride together...
Sean
I full heartedly agree with @Funinthesun about Robert! This is what he PM'd me when he heard about my JonV Turbo/Bob's Tune blew up my #1 cylinder Rod & Piston;
image.png

Well I got my SS back up and running with his advice finding a $500 2006 Ion 2.4L forged internals with 80k mi. at a junk yard, thanks Robert for being who you are! Just be careful with that SS Tan that you showed me at SSITR.
Your vids are awesome and informative just be careful that you don't do the same thing mine did!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It's all back together again my great mechanic did the R&R for $550 and now waiting for @jookyone and Bob to dial in the 2bar map tune
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Be safe and thanks again for your input! See you at SSITR 2016!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Your more than welcome... These engines are fairly cheap. However once the junkyards find out that we have a need for a few of them they will jack the price up a bit... Im so glad your all good again....

And anytime I can help just let me know.....

By the way,,,, You did a hell of a job on that old LE5. I think you damaged it from the top to the bottom..... You get the award so far for the most aluminum and steel in an oil pan for sure......:D

Reactions: sooey2u and lrobbi

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
The motor I blew is an LE9,
View attachment 29741

the 06 motor I found is a forged LE5 which has stronger innerds.
Yep. I know all about 06 and some 07 having them stronger rods. I was told they still had a cast crank but I would think it would still be fine. You did good.

Reactions: sooey2u and 1poser

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I live in the backwoods area of Alabama. We have to pump sunlight in so we can even have daylight. I can leave my house and travel 22 miles thru the national forest and most of the time never meet a car. Now you will meet a wild hog or deer or even a Turkey. That is what i worry about hitting more than a car.
Ya gotta watch out for some of those back woods critters. I know I did when I lived in Kentucky.

deliverance2.png

21 - 32 of 32 Posts