Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in organizing a Texas Slingshot ride sometime this fall (assuming the Slingshot will be out!)

Texas-Slingshot-Ride.jpg

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
If you guys have it annually then I might have to do a trip from Virgnia to attend. It would be cool if we could do some track time, etc. Wonder how much it is to rent CotA for a couple hours?

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
If you guys have it annually then I might have to do a trip from Virgnia to attend. It would be cool if we could do some track time, etc. Wonder how much it is to rent CotA for a couple hours?
We definitely want to do an annual SlingshotForums.com Hill Country cruise. Mixing that in with a track event would be bad ass. We have several other fun tracks here other than COTA that are more obtainable if we can't get enough folks together. I think it's about $55k to rent COTA for the day, but there might be some other ways that I can get us on the track. I will be working on that as soon as I can get my hands on a Slingshot :)

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
I thought you could help with that 9999. With a few key sponsors (including yourself) track time should be easy.

Throw a hill country cruise in and I am guaranteed there.

Texas Area SlingShots - (TexASS) - founding members. ;)

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Cool thing is that it should be track legal without the top and without an additional roll cage since it is a Motorcycle. Just a helmet and a smile. :D

·
Registered
494 Posts
Count me in if we can set up a ride.

I've done that ride Several times on my Harley

A Talimena run sometime in the future Would be good

·
Registered
639 Posts
I thought you could help with that 9999. With a few key sponsors (including yourself) track time should be easy.

Throw a hill country cruise in and I am guaranteed there.

Texas Area SlingShots - (TexASS) - founding members. ;)
Oooh, don't like where this is heading. That would make Iowa Area SlingShots.... I-ASS. :p

·
Registered
639 Posts
Texas is a haul from VA, but it sounds like a fun trip. Maybe I could convoy with Tango.
Would you be coming down I80? I used to live near VA Beach years ago. Driving home to Iowa I always took 80 after getting around the Penna Pike which was still 55MPH at that time. Not sure what it is now.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
If that is the case, swing through NC, and I will catch up with you. Sounds like fun! A caravan of Slingshots would be pretty awesome!
That would be cool! Just pick up a bunch along the way and all hit Texas for some tours (and track time would be awesome as well!)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Count us in! The wife wants to do a Hill Country ride as soon as we get ours! Love the 3 Sisters! We have a daughter in Austin, so we're always looking for an excuse to head that way.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Now we're talkin'.

I'm in the heart of the Hill Country.

I'll even sponsor a stop at my shop. Come by for beer and burgers.

Garvin Store, Three Sisters, The Hog Stop in Leaky, Luckenbach, Willow City Loop, Albert Dance Hall..... we'll do it all!

YeeHaw!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts