Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1183 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
polaris-slingshot-texas-delay1.jpg

I wanted to start a new fresh post with information regarding Texas Slingshot deliveries so members do not have to search for current information on the subject.

I just spoke directly to Polaris, the same people Painter and I have been speaking with regarding Indiana.

They are checking into this and will get back to me shortly.

polaris-slingshot-texas-delay2.jpg

·
Registered
494 Posts
Just got off the PH with the manager of Freedom Powersports of Hurst.
The SS is not available for delivery in Texas at this time.
He said Polaris is trying to get it resolved, but would not give an indication on if he thought it would happen any time soon or at all.

How is it we are just now finding out about this???

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hopefully this gets settled. I wasn't worried about being one of the first to have one, but I definitely wanted to pick one up beginning of next year.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Still waiting on a call from my dealer. I'm sure they're not real anxious for this to get out...wait... There's the phone.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ok. That was him on the phone.

The email was from Polaris and it stated that TX rescinded their authorization because of the term "saddle" in the statute.

He said they are trying to resolve this but have no idea when or IF it will. Polaris will NOT be shipping to Texas until it's resolved.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Ok. That was him on the phone.

The email was from Polaris and it stated that TX rescinded their authorization because of the term "saddle" in the statute.

He said they are trying to resolve this but have no idea when or IF it will. Polaris will NOT be shipping to Texas until it's resolved.

Makes you wonder who brought that word to someone's attention........

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sorry my image didn't come thru.

It is the TX DPS Motorcycle/ATV Safety UnitVehicle descriptions and Requirements. It states : "Motorcycle" means a motor vehicle, other than a tractor, that is equipped with a riders saddle and designed to have when propelled not more than three wheels on the ground.

The term "saddle" is the problem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am #1 SL at a dealer in S. Texas. Just got the same phone call. He asked to have people contact their local state reps etc...

Time for more waiting..........

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Badjack - please post pics when you get it. I really like the new Vintage. And sorry to hear about the SS falling through. I really was hoping something would get resolved quickly so you would be able to stay in the game.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just looked up the stature in Arizona to check for any problems.

They list the definition as 'seat or saddle", see qted text below:

34. "Motorcycle" means a motor vehicle that has a seat or saddle for the use of the rider
and that is designed
to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground but excluding a tractor and a moped.

Texas needs to add the 'or seat' to its definition

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Very informative, sloride. I hope someone doesn't get in trouble for releasing the confidential portion of the scan, but now it's out.
As I understand it, even though Polaris received notification of the issue on 11/4, they still released the arrival newsletter on 11/7 to all markets. I hope this confidence means they see the light at the end of the tunnel on these hold ups.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
I wonder if they will ship the Texas bound units to other states or keep them in the warehouse in case there is a quick fix to the problem?

It would suck if this lasts just a week but then Texas has to go to the back of the line for units. I hope Polaris doesn't make that mistake either.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Texas is the last state, I would think, that would be unwilling to let people be free to do what they want

1 - 20 of 1183 Posts