Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I think we're screwed here in Texas, at least for a while. I hope this is a short process.
Given the time that I've waited and the very fact that I will most likely see a SS on the road, breaks my little heart.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I'll be right there with you watching them pass as well. Hopefully it won't be long before Texas gets this straightened out.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
BKL, here is what I plan to do. My sister lives in North Carolina. I am going to have her purchase the SS with me as co-owner on the title. Then I'm going to drive her to North Carolina to get plates and registration.

If Indiana ever approves the SS, I am hoping to do a title transfer without having to pay an additional $1450 in sales tax. I believe this is perfectly legal but now I have to decide if I want to always be looking over my shoulder for blue flashing lights!

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
BKL, here is what I plan to do. My sister lives in North Carolina. I am going to have her purchase the SS with me as co-owner on the title. Then I'm going to drive her to North Carolina to get plates and registration.

If Indiana ever approves the SS, I am hoping to do a title transfer without having to pay an additional $1450 in sales tax. I believe this is perfectly legal but now I have to decide if I want to always be looking over my shoulder for blue flashing lights!
Painter who knew you were a renegade!!! Love it!!!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Just let me know DKF if you want me to get one of those god awful RED ones for you!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
believe me I will!!! I think I am going to see if there is any progress over the next couple of weeks and then I may have to go RED renegade with you!!!
Any time there Lady!

I just hope they get this straightened out for you guys as well--- and quickly!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Here's what we'll do DKF.... I'll get the gray SS and drive it down to Texas and pick you up and drive it back up here and we'll go to Illinois and pick up a God awful red one. Then you can drive it back home but of course it will take you a lot longer because you will be slower!

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
Kudos on that 1 Painter!!! However I think I will make excellent time coming home because I won't have that dark dreary gray one holding me back!!! :oops:

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Texas will still charge us the shortfall, if any, between what Texas would have charged and what we paid wherever we bought.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Texas will still charge us the shortfall, if any, between what Texas would have charged and what we paid wherever we bought.
I think you mean SalesTax? Illinois is 6.75% so you'll probably be getting a refund in Texas!

Just guessing because I don't know what SalesTax is in Texas. Indiana has one of the highest at 7%.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Texas combined State/Local sales tax is 8.5%, but vehicles are taxed at the state rate of 6.5%. Texas doesn't offer refunds if you already paid another state more.:(

·
Registered
267 Posts
Listening to all this sales tax stuff is depressing, I feel bad for all of you that have to pay it. I am fortunate enough to live in one of the few states that has no sales tax. It drives me nuts when I travel out of state and need to make a purchase. I usually pay cash for everything and I am always taken by surprise when the $20 bill in my hand is not enough to purchase a $19 item.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Texas brags about not having an income tax, but the sales tax and property tax seem to be higher than other places I have lived.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I can't really make a fair comparison as I have only resided in the great state of New Hampshire but we have no sales tax and no state income tax. I think the state gets most of its revenue from tourism, we have high rooms and meals tax, so come visit the state of New Hampshire to keep my tax rate low ;) I love it here.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts