Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Outstanding!!!!! Now if Indiana would just do the same ( and Conn and Maryland) !

·
Registered
532 Posts
Painter
If Indiana could see that Texas was able to getter done then so could they.
Sort of shame them as anti business. Anti tourist.
Good Luck.
Merry Christmas to you and the Family. ;):wideyed::smuggrin:

·
Registered
390 Posts
I wonder if it's incumbent on the check from polaris clearing or not. I have to assume that registration will be possible within 30 days then. Or dealers will have permission to renew paper tags. Confusing, but I'm very happy for my Longhorn neighbors.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
:woot:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I will call my dealer
But having a hard time understanding Polaris being able to ship to dealers and not able to register.
Dealers will have to start paying on them and hold them till they can sell them/register for customers.

I don't think dealers are going to pay for something they can't sell and not sure when they can.

Its like having a beautiful half drunk naked girl in your bed and can't touch her

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Has anyone checked with their dealer. Any Texas faxes?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
@sloride confirmed the post.
"I just talked to Houston Motorsports. Texas will allow the sale but they will not allow the temporary registering until it goes through the Legislation in January and then when approved it will become effective in June 2015."

I guess the question is can they legally ride it, or do they have to park them. I don't know how much this is really fixed yet.

Sounds like temporary approval now, temporary registered in January and becomes law in June.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
"I just talked to Houston Motorsports. Texas will allow the sale but they will not allow the temporary registering until it goes through the Legislation in January and then when approved it will become effective in June 2015."

I guess the question is can they legally ride it, or do they have to park them. I don't know how much this is really fixed yet.
:jawdrop: June!?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts

:jawdrop: June!?
Read it again, I just edited it.

(Sounds like temporary approval now, temporary registered in January and becomes law in June.)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just got my call from Houston motorsports. Shipping started. 1st Slingshot next week! Can't register it yet but state and polaris worked a deal to allow owners to get their ride.
Yeah i'm sure Polaris had to get enough of these units on the street to make that million dollar bri/ I mean political donation:greedy:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts