Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NJ dealer confirmed they will be getting 2. One SL and one base. SL needs to be a demo. I have the SS and he says it's mine when it gets in....WHEN. Infotainment center, light kit, windshield all in. Waiting on upgraded wheels. Unfortunately the person who was #1 for the SL has to wait for 2nd delivery. CRAZY! At least that's what I was told.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Hey Ken,

Can you have your dealer give you the installation instructions for the infotainment center and maybe post those on the forum for those interested in doing some sort of aftermarket radio. I think it would be very helpful!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
NJ dealer confirmed they will be getting 2. One SL and one base. SL needs to be a demo. I have the SS and he says it's mine when it gets in....WHEN. Infotainment center, light kit, windshield all in. Waiting on upgraded wheels. Unfortunately the person who was #1 for the SL has to wait for 2nd delivery. CRAZY! At least that's what I was told.
I'm in the 'first in line for SL so I'm screwed' group. Heard lots of conjecture about timing of the 2nd wave. Any of the the forum dealers have some idea about when that might be?

I know, silly question, might as well ask about The Second Coming, but I had to ask.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ken: Did the dealer state why the SL model had to be the demo rather than the base? Also, my understanding is that the dealer does not have to keep any of the first delivery as demos.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Ken: Did the dealer state why the SL model had to be the demo rather than the base? Also, my understanding is that the dealer does not have to keep any of the first delivery as demos.
They probably don't HAVE to keep a demo, but it's an easy excuse if they want to have it for their own at home. I'm guessing that's why my dealer refuses to answer my question about what happens whenever they DO get one of each.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ken: Personally, it makes more sense to me to sell any and all deliveries. SS's will get more exposure from being on the road than being at a dealer. Additionally, taking care of your customers should be the dealers main priority resulting in favorable comments and future business. I am number1 at Interstate Cycle in Mooresville NC to get the SL model and they plan on me getting that very first SL model, screw the demos until such time as preorders are filled.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Ken: Personally, it makes more sense to me to sell any and all deliveries. SS's will get more exposure from being on the road than being at a dealer. Additionally, taking care of your customers should be the dealers main priority resulting in favorable comments and future business. I am number1 at Interstate Cycle in Mooresville NC to get the SL model and they plan on me getting that very first SL model, screw the demos until such time as preorders are filled.
Well yeah, it may make more business sense, but what if you are a dealer and you are as 'Coo Coo for Co Co Puffs' as everybody else on this forum?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did not ask. Assuming because it has all the extras. Also, that's just what he told me. Guess Poalris didn't want empty displays. Who knows at this point!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kenneth---Hope that's the case for you and everyone. It's just the info I recieved and the reason I started this thread...to see if there are any inconsistencies.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I just got off the phone to my Central Illinois dealer and he said:
that he thought the SS would arrive the first week of Nov.
That they will only get two, one of each.
That they will be letting both of them go to the presold people. (I'm #1 for the SS SL).
That's all he could say for now. He said that they are just as frustrated as the customers for lack of inof from Polaris.
So I will wait another 2weeks.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
nothing on the ground now, but it has snowed, frost every morning. I would easily give up my ride for someone who could enjoy it in the South..... only if I have mine in the spring when I want it.... call me selfish
Nothing that has to do with selfish, you are actually very caring to even think that way :) two thumbs up

1 - 20 of 57 Posts