Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but I don't understand the Bluetooth.
Do I sync my phone or a headset? I'm guessing a headset and hook my iPhone to the usb

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
The info center should support both profiles.

56795655.jpg

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The owners manual states you can only be connected to one device at a time. But what the sense of the headset if the phone is not paired

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
There are two profiles: Driver Headset and Driver Device, the latter is the one used for your phone. Do you get that menu option?

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
I synced my phone, works well for streaming music. When a call comes in, the music stops and a message comes on the screen. The message informs me of incoming call and asks me to hook up headset. So I would say both.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You can do both. I have my phone connected via bluetooth and play my music through the audio system. I also have a Sena headset connected to the slingshot system via bluetooth. (Note: I do not have the Sena bluetoothed directely to my phone, only to the SS audio system).You will find both options if you hold down the Mode button for 5 seconds. So if I am playing music and receive a call, I simply press the Phone button on the SS to talk and then press Mode button to disconnect. When the call is done, the music continues to play. It works great!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Robert, thank you! You solved a mystery!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
You can do both. I have my phone connected via bluetooth and play my music through the audio system. I also have a Sena headset connected to the slingshot system via bluetooth. (Note: I do not have the Sena bluetoothed directely to my phone, only to the SS audio system).You will find both options if you hold down the Mode button for 5 seconds. So if I am playing music and receive a call, I simply press the Phone button on the SS to talk and then press Mode button to disconnect. When the call is done, the music continues to play. It works great!
im doing the exact same thing. With a Sena hesdset. Only issue I have is the phone has a 5 second delay before the person on the other end can hear me. They have said they hear the wind or "noise" and then they say that it gets clear and they hear me.
It is nice that it mutes the audio and then sends the call to you helmet. ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts