Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We have our last communication of the year with the Slingshot Team!

The high notes are that shipments are in full "Go Mode" and they are very busy trying to get all of the Slingshots out to their new homes. The Grey Base models have been ramped up as well.

Slingshot Team said:
Shipments to Fulfil Retailed Vehicles are in Full Swing!
With shipment of initial stocking orders to dealers now complete, we have turned our full attention to shipment of retailed units and pre-sold orders. And, we are now shipping a much higher percentage of Titanium Metallic base models, after our initial shipments skewed towards Slingshot SL models. As we have stated before, we are confident that the majority of the initial pre-sold orders will be delivered by the end of December, with a few of the initial pre-sold orders shipping in early January due to the holidays. Consumers who haven’t already done so are encouraged to place deposits with your local Slingshot dealer. Orders accepted now are expected to ship in February so get your down payment in ASAP!
They also offered some tips for getting your hood up and down with the "Performance Update"

Slingshot Team said:
Performance Update
We have noticed a few comments with respect to the opening and closing of Slingshot’s hood, and thought we could offer some insights. The hood is held in place by four latches, two at the front corners, and two at the outer rear corners. All four latches are released by a single lever located in the front center hood opening. To release the latches, press the release lever down until you hear a “pop” as the latches release. Then, simultaneously pull the hood forward and up. This motion will take a couple of repetitions before it feels natural. It’s also a good idea to have the parking brake engaged when opening the hood; otherwise you’re likely to pull the vehicle into your shins!

To close the hood, simply grasp the front hood opening and simultaneously lift it up and push towards the vehicle; gravity will take over to drop the hood down into place. Then, give a quick push down by all four latches to ensure that they have locked into place correctly.
They gave a big shout out to Pro Performance in Quebec City with a photo of their Holiday Slingshot Display stating the following:

Slingshot Team said:
Dealership Update
With the holiday season upon us, we wanted to acknowledge the awesome display at Pro Performance located in Quebec City. We think either one of these vehicles would look perfect under the Christmas tree … which one do you prefer?
Merry Christmas from all of us here at SlingshotForums.com as well as the Slingshot Team at Polaris! We wish you all a happy and healthy Christmas and New Year!

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,412 Posts
I just don't see how they're going to get too many more delivered before January. Time is very limited between dealer hours/weekend/holidays.......Oh well, I guess we'll see. I'd be surprised (and happy) to get mine before Jan 15th.

·
Registered
175 Posts
For me, it is very reasonable to wait another 2-3weeks.
Still no answer why dealers have stock, while deposit holders have empty hands.

Any comment Polaris?

Thank you for your time

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yeah, how the heck can they say initial stocking shipments are complete when there are dealers (like mine) have received none?

Polaris gets points for some of their communications, but info like the above is just pouring salt on the wound.

·
Vendor
5,412 Posts
Yeah, how the heck can they say initial stocking shipments are complete when there are dealers (like mine) have received none?

Polaris gets points for some of their communications, but info like the above is just pouring salt on the wound.
Just like they can "say" the majority of pre-sold orders will be completed by the end of December......They just "say" it. That's okay, I'm going to keep my Sh*t talking to a minimum......:p Just glad it feels close, FINALLY.

·
2,328 Posts

I would bet that stems from a dealer problem, not a Polaris problem........

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Just like they can "say" the majority of pre-sold orders will be completed by the end of December......They just "say" it. That's okay, I'm going to keep my Sh*t talking to a minimum......:p Just glad it feels close, FINALLY.
If you like your Doctor you can keep your doctor...Islam is tolerant peaceful religion .

·
Registered
20 Posts

We have our last communication of the year with the Slingshot Team!

The high notes are that shipments are in full "Go Mode" and they are very busy trying to get all of the Slingshots out to their new homes. The Grey Base models have been ramped up as well.

They also offered some tips for getting your hood up and down with the "Performance Update"

They gave a big shout out to Pro Performance in Quebec City with a photo of their Holiday Slingshot Display stating the following:

Merry Christmas from all of us here at SlingshotForums.com as well as the Slingshot Team at Polaris! We wish you all a happy and healthy Christmas and New Year!

·
Registered
20 Posts
My first order was placed in mid September. Total cost was given to my dealer with a loan Voucher from my bank; a cashiers check that could be deposited as payment in full once the Vin # and such as that was filled out in the "Dealer" section of bank documents. Because the initial expected release date was "early fall/mid October" I applied for the voucher in early September to secure my spot 1st on the list, and started following the Sling shot press releases as early as mid march of this year. My mind was made, I didnt require a test drive, i didn't need to see it 1st hand, I knew this was my next vehicle; primary- for everyday use vehicle, before the production facility was ready for business.
We missed the initial expected receiving date. Things happen- no problem. Then my voucher expired, and I had to reapply for the loan and a new check. I was assured I would not lose my pre-order spot, but guess what......This disappointment warranted a change in dealer location, and started the new search accepting this would probably all but relinquish any chances for a "in by 2nd week of December" hopes. Disappointing, but not like chewing ten=foil or anything, as early in the search for a new dealer was looking like February- possibly freakin spring- was how my new receiving dates where shaping up to be. I have never in my life had a "need", or even held as important, to be "the first kid on my block to have one" scenario for any kind of new product items - no matter how great the idea of the product seemed to be- until now. I knew with that 1st product review video shot in the spring of'14, oh I not only had to have one, I wanted to have it for at least 6 months worth of "what the hell is that? Where can I get one?" and that was the end of it, damn the risk! This thing - and I still believe this- will be as common to the every day commute as the Mustang, or Honda (pick one)by this time 2015. I even lost my beloved Road Star to negligent GDOT practices, to the famous lake I-75, which appeared from around a corner at 65mph and 4.5 feet deep- but that's a bitch for a later time, the point is, I have gone without a vehicle since the accident in August, because I know I wont need anything else. I gotta tell you, public transportation in Atlanta- there is nothing like rush hour trains with a mountain bike, well except for the embarrassing face plant on said bicycle in the most up front for everyone's entertainment place possible to restore ones humility
. To recap- I'm on a bicycle for 12 miles, and two packed to the gills MARTA trains- in the "dog days of August", then September, through November, and half of December -as an everyday commute, as a grocery store and everthing else option to motorized transportation. I caved and spent some of the allocated SS funds, because a bunch of people on a train, well, stink so bad, I know where our species' line of separation from the animals is, and its on a MARTA train @ 95 degrees.
Even this brake in my 'I can wait" plan- stick the plan; hold out and sacrifice for what I want- back to the reason for the bitch session- and to wrap this bad taste in my mouth sensation of a post. My new dealer got their check on December 4th, and we where cautiously optimistic my ordeal would soon be healed by the warm and fuzzy of my long awaited ride arrival by mid December. Now, I don't want to get off on a rant here, but no one- not one person, in the slew of nerds put together by Polaris, from assembly line to top dog, has a clue when I can expect to receive MY 65 chevy- 69 camaro, you know, THE CAR I WANT TO HAVE? How did y'all get this vehicle out at all? Either some one does know, but for some reason wont say, or, with the handling of logistics that this dumb ass plan for delivery you all have displayed would seem to indicate...........I've made a terrible mistake. The likely explanation is there is something to hide. By allowing purchasing at a herd of turtles pace of two at a time, i'm thinking, would only be beneficial to Polaris in the event of a recall. At That pace, should the steering wheel explode, or the fancy upgrade rims fall right off within the first 1000 miles, there will only be what? 6/8 tops in ga, less then 50 nation wide to recall........Hey, I'm not the one with the paint brush- this is the picture I see panning out based on delivery plans, no one knows when my ride will come off the truck, or even a guess date for being placed on a truck, or how many or what color, or...yack yack yack. Come the 11th, my third voucher expires, I'll have to start over, putting me somewhere in the summer? The new car smell and desire to be the first kid on my block will be replaced by the idea of.....even with my earliest start possible to get this thing, the one time I have a wow factor, even the best of attempts fail with such lackadaisical approach to "you'll get it when you get it"...I'll go back to the animal kingdom before starting over again, might as well wait for the generic look alike in a few years. Couldn't even qualify for a free baseball cap for my troubles. The one that advertises for Polaris right on top of my head, I'm no business tycoon, but a school girl can see thats a bad call...thats it...i'm done. And in 18 days, so is my $27,703

1 - 20 of 43 Posts