Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Use a 1/4 by 20 thread tap and convert the smaller thread to a more universial thread. Then order a screw in Ram Ball and you will have access to unlimited possibilities. This is my Note 3 mount.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Use a 1/4 by 20 thread tap and convert the smaller thread to a more universial thread. Then order a screw in Ram Ball and you will have access to unlimited possibilities. This is my Note 3 mount.

Thanks RT, I was going to see if any of my RAM mounts would work, now I know...thanks again.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I was thinking about this exact thing on my way into work this morning as I tried to figure out why those holes even existed....

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
RT, are both of those holes the same thread pattern? I can put my Garmin on one and my phone on the other, or what ever.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
The rear view mirror accessory is supposed to go in the top mount.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i saw one wtth a rear view mirror on u-tube.

·
Registered
508 Posts
It's better than nothing. At least you can see the rear portion. I have tried to use my cell phone in a "selfie mode" to simulate the rear view mirror and it showed half portion of rear end and half portion of the body. It wasn't bad at all to my surprise. Anyways, purchased a Broadway (300 mm) wide angle mirror to go on top of the Polaris for wider view. Yes..I'm still waiting for my SS since Sept. Walmart rearview mirrors are $12.00 instead of $11.00 as quoted earlier made by "Cipa".

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Thanks for the great post Rabtech.

After what you explained on here, I am going to order these two below items for my cell phone mount. I will be using my phone for my music and navigation, so this should work nicely.

http://www.amazon.com/Ram-Mount-Suction-Universal-X-Grip/dp/B0066BWMNU/ref=pd_sim_sbs_cps_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0RTGGBH14BQG84J61MDP#customerReviews

AND...

http://www.amazon.com/Ram-Mount-1-Inch-Tough-Ball-Threaded/dp/B00AHCUNG2/ref=pd_sim_sg_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=1P4QRX2AB7138NTGEWQD

It should be a great set-up for under $50. And I will keep the suction mount, just in case I want to have something else up on my SS windshield or keep it in my car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I recommend this product. I use it in my truck and on my motorcycle. REVIEW: The Steelie Car Mount Kit by NiteIze (Mag…:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Awesome Idea Rabtech !!!!!! :snaphappy:

I will be doing the same. Question though........... Is that windshield support plastic or steel ???????

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome Idea Rabtech !!!!!! :snaphappy:

I will be doing the same. Question though........... Is that windshield support plastic or steel ???????
Anodized Aluminium.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Reactions: Shatneyman

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 58 Posts