Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to pick my SS up tomorrow and I'm wondering if anyone has come up with an aftermarket windshield yet. I doubt it, so I'm probably going to end up getting the blade, but I just thought I'd ask.

On another note, can anyone let me know what tools I would need to install the blade windshield myself?

·
Registered
792 Posts
If I had access to my Slingshot right now, I would pop the hood and snap a pic. I'm at the girlfriends house now. Sorry. You might could find some hi-res pics online and zoom into that area.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'm going to pick my SS up tomorrow and I'm wondering if anyone has come up with an aftermarket windshield yet. I doubt it, so I'm probably going to end up getting the blade, but I just thought I'd ask.

On another note, can anyone let me know what tools I would need to install the blade windshield myself?
I want to find a dark windshield for the SL. Tried tinting mine (film and Spray) and it did not look right. Anyone know a custom Plexiglas company?

·
Registered
122 Posts

You will need a Torx #25 for passenger & driver sides (2) and Torx #30 for center (1) for a total of three fasteners. Real easy for the sides, just open your hood it's on the base of windshield.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
We have a working relationship with a big plastics company who already has my windshield. Just waiting on a quote to have a taller and tinted ones made.
Let me know what you get produced. I would like one about 2 or 3 inches taller. Tinted or clear.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Very interested in a slightly taller blade style windshield. Enough reports from 6' plus riders saying the stocker needs to be a couple inches taller. I will bypass buying the factory shield and just pick up an aftermarket with a little more height.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I drove home in a light rain this evening and found out that my wind screen needs to be about 6 inches higher, maybe 7 or 8

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
F4 customs (spoke to Don today) looks like he will be making the blade windshields in clear and tinted, he makes a top quality product

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Sounds like Polaris will have on since the blade is called

Blade Windshield Kit 2880580 Medium Height Blade Windshield Kit - includes Base Support + Mounting Bracket

1 - 20 of 55 Posts