Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to meet Dave from DDM Works today who did his magic and took my stock Sling to something faster this past December. However, that was not enough.....so now my slingshot is taking a 954 mile trip to South Carolina in Daves trailer for a major surgery!! When it gets back in 3.5 weeks it will be an absolute beast! I will be ready to ride at the Slingshots in the Texas Hill Country meet!

Dave and his Dad made the trip.
IMG_2233.JPG

Me with my sling loaded in Daves trailer going to be a long 3.5 weeks. Going to be hard not to have the sling.
IMG_2229.JPG

Dave driving away. Drive safe!
IMG_2234.JPG

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see @Thegame wants an update. :)

Well I am not sure if you had seen all the other posts on my slingshot. You can search the posts the DDM did about the Texas install. They also installed my friends supercharger kit. You can also find the Drag Slick post and 1/4 mile posts.

Back in December just before Christmas Dave with DDM Works installed Built Motor, Supercharger Kit, Upgraded radiator, Aluminum Surge Tank, Coolant Re-route, Center Feed Fuel Rail, Smaller Pulley on Supercharger, Bob ECM Tune, Performance Clutch. That was a huge upgrade from stock. I loved it. I took it to the 1/4 mile track and the street tire I was spinning on hard launch. This is not a fault of the Slingshot per say. It is just a characteristic of the Slingshot with one wheel, light weight and lots of HP with driver hitting throttle hard to get faster numbers. So I decided if I am going to get it on the 1/4 mile track then I should get a track tire. After 3 different rims and tire combos I ended up with a Racing wheel called Race Star and Mickey Thompson E/T Drag Slick. It HOOKED!!! No spinning at all!!!

Check out the E/T Mickey Thompson Drag Slick being used on 1/4 mile. Here is video.

So...right away then I started talking with Dave at DDM works telling him I wanted to go faster actually much faster and part of that would be more HP. We together along with Jamie Roy @Shot we decided I needed to go with ability to custom tune my slingshot and the best choice for me was Haltech ECM along with some additional upgrades.

Dave at DDM Works around Jan 10th 2017 had finally got the special Cam for Supercharged Slingshot and started testing. If I remember right it produced the same set up I have in his slingshot and Cam with about 380 HP. I knew I wanted the Cam. So that got added to the list of upgrades.

I am also doing some smaller modifications like short throw sifter and the upgraded Swaybar.

We also decided I should go with bigger Supercharger and and some more upgrades that with the custom tuning we should be over 400 HP.....maybe more!

I will keep updated as more happens over the next week or two. If anyone wants to see it in person. I am in Houston, TX and will be at the Texas Hill Country meet.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I am encouraged about the stock drivetrain of the Slingshot when I read about big horsepower and sticky tires being used. It tells me the angle drive and belt will hold anything I'll ever throw at it. Gives me a secure feeling when miles from home and I want to play a little bit.

Thanks to all the moders for this.

LC

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

@ .28 in the video was that the belt slipping teeth .......

Yeah it did. I have not put on a new belt yet. It did not break and put about 200 miles on it after this point. But I do notice I have lots of slack in my belt. I have not been back to the track yet, since finding out how to tighten it up. As someone else suggested in another post online. They said it would have zero slipping.

Although I am most likely going to just replace belt with very strong chain and have ability to change gearing.

Its all part of it and fun to me!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am encouraged about the stock drivetrain of the Slingshot when I read about big horsepower and sticky tires being used. It tells me the angle drive and belt will hold anything I'll ever throw at it. Gives me a secure feeling when miles from home and I want to play a little bit.

Thanks to all the moders for this.

LC
Yep you are good with drive train. They seem pretty strong. I will be putting mine to more of a test here soon. I will report back. Hopefully with nothing but good things to report. :)

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
The belt should be super strong and should out perform a chain setup when it comes to durability.

Just tighten the sucker up until it doesn't skip and see where you are at.

Quick gearing changes would be cool, but 1st would be super short to get 4th more lively.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Whats up yall! Well here is the update! I tried to put it all into this video. My slingshot is now running but we still have a little ways to go before it is completed. We have more tuning to do on the Haltech ECU.
Here is a short list of the build: Everything listed below was built designed and installed by DDM Works.
DDM Works Built motor
Upgraded Rotrex Supercharger
Aggressive Cams
Water Methanol Injection Kit (I forgot to mention this before ;))
Haltech computer which I ordered from @Shot
Adjustable Sway Bar
Extended Opening Hinges
Shift Knob
Coolant Re-route
Oil Cooler
Performance Clutch

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Whats up yall! Well here is the update! I tried to put it all into this video. My slingshot is now running but we still have a little ways to go before it is completed. We have more tuning to do on the Haltech ECU.
Here is a short list of the build: Everything listed below was built designed and installed by DDM Works.
DDM Works Built motor
Upgraded Rotrex Supercharger
Aggressive Cams
Water Methanol Injection Kit (I forgot to mention this before ;))
Haltech computer
Adjustable Sway Bar
Extended Opening Hinges
Shift Knob
Coolant Re-route
Oil Coloer
Performance Clutch

Time to strap her down!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah we hope to have it finished in the next week or so. As soon as it is done we will post more updates!

If anyone is at the Texas Hill Country meet. Please post pics and video here when you see it in person!! I am working in Houston so not able to be there with my sling. But @[email protected] and @[email protected] have it with them. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is a closer look at the sound of the build that DDM Works is in process of working on. The Tuning is not complete but in about two weeks the Dyno Tune of the Haltech computer will be finished. We did lots and lots to this Slingshot to create more HP. This is the first Slingshot with the Aggressive cams, Bigger Rotrex Supercharger, Haltech ECU and Water Methanol Injection Kit combination. This was all done with a very specific outcome in mind. Speed!! Check out DDM Works for more information. Tell them you heard about it here. DDMWorks - Research. Design. Driven.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts