Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to drive (not ride) my SS on a gravel road for about a half mile to my house. The gravel piles up on the top inside of the swingarm. I can see other objects getting caught up in this area. Not good at the articulation point of the swingarm. So, made this mud flap. Its flexable enough to lift up and still vacume or check the top for objects. Pond liner it is.
IMG_0430.jpg
IMG_0433.jpg

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 3 screws have a stationary welded nut, so no need to worry about washer and nut falling out, just remove, slide between plastic and re-install screws.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I used 4mm rubber that was laying around the shop. it is a little thick. but fits nice. Moto864 your design was spot on. Thanks I have the measurements and when I get time at work I 'll draw them up so they can be produced on a waterjet or laser so members can create their own. Again freakin awesome idea.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I have to drive (not ride) my SS on a gravel road for about a half mile to my house. The gravel piles up on the top inside of the swingarm. I can see other objects getting caught up in this area. Not good at the articulation point of the swingarm. So, made this mud flap. Its flexable enough to lift up and still vacume or check the top for objects.
Great work MOTO, thanks for sharing.
Reading your post reminded me of another area you should cover up especially since your traveling on a gravel road. Turbosling actually found it on my SS the first day he had it and started going through everything. Alpha made a cover and fixed it, they posted the information, it is an available option for ordering, you should check into it.

Here is their link to get on the list > http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/get-on-the-list.1733/

Alpha Transmission Debri Cover.jpg

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I have to drive (not ride) my SS on a gravel road for about a half mile to my house. The gravel piles up on the top inside of the swingarm. I can see other objects getting caught up in this area. Not good at the articulation point of the swingarm. So, made this mud flap. Its flexable enough to lift up and still vacume or check the top for objects. Pond liner it is. View attachment 3596 View attachment 3597
This give me an idea :) very useful thanks :)

·
Registered
915 Posts
I like this idea but has anybody given any thought as to whether this would cause any issue with air cooling the tranny or angle drive? In a couple month's, (ok maybe several or a few months), these suckers are going to be running really hot.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
We need better mud flaps on the front wheels also. Not sure if any of you guys have gone through a puddle at low speeds to have two rooster tails splash water over the SS and onto your face/helmet.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
my mechanic did the rear flap, look how he installed it, the flap lays on the sling arm, this is something polaris should of done from the start, scary when you see rocks and debris in the pocket of the swing arm...

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thank FLSLING, I think your solution looks the best so far!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
BATWING- Destination Powersports will have one for you when you get yours, well go down there it takes 15 mins to do.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts