Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have not decided which exact route we will be taking, but on August 24th/25th we'll be en-route from SW Oregon to west central Montana and then September 8th/9th returning, any owners in the general area(s)?
Bill

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We are thinking our route will be 62/230/138 over the mountains near Crater Lake to 97, doing the seat recall while passing through Bend, north to 14, then 12 through Lewiston, up and over Lolo, Missoula, and then on to Helena, keeping to the two-lane roads as much as possible................

Bill

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have a great and safe ride! I hope the air quality improves for your trip. It’s been looking like a smoggy Los Angeles day near Mount Rainier recently due to the fires.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Justina and I just returned from two weeks, 5 states, and over 2500 miles in our SlingShot, yes we enjoyed the trip very much where the SlingShot made a fantastic sightseeing vehicle, but we also found our limits of just how long, or how far, we will want to travel in the SlingShot in the future within any time constraints.

Bill

·
Registered
21 Posts
Justina and I just returned from two weeks, 5 states, and over 2500 miles in our SlingShot, yes we enjoyed the trip very much where the SlingShot made a fantastic sightseeing vehicle, but we also found our limits of just how long, or how far, we will want to travel in the SlingShot in the future within any time constraints.

Bill
Bill, I'm trying to talk the wife into a 5-6 day trip up the Illinois Great River road. We've only been on day trips so far. Wife is wringing her hands on how to pack for this trip. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
42 Posts
getting ready to go on our first 6-7 day ride in the slingshot. in general how to you rate the sling on longer trips? i love the time i have spent in it on day rides. got any suggestions or advice? road worthiness? i have traveled thousands of miles on a harley.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only one suggestion is to be prepared to take a little longer at each of your stops for you will be likely be answering lots of questions by admirers, Otherwise, plan like you would for any other extended motorcycle outing and enjoy your adventure! :)

Bill

·
Registered
377 Posts
Long Sleeves and Sun Screen.

I did the 800+ mile drive to Huntsville and that's what saved me. Yes, plan for longer stops every 200 miles / 3 hrs. Good to stretch the legs, get gas, answer questions.

Oh, and keep hydrated. You don't realize, but that wind is blowing sweat off you so you dehydrate pretty fast without knowing it.

Regarding road-worthyness - it's a car underneath, so it rides pretty good. If you've got adjustable shocks, set them for very soft if you're on major highways, otherwise those pot holes are really hard. Make sure you check all your fluids (including bodily) and you should be good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts