Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Ej, is your ride boosted? If you did how many of your 100K miles came afterwards?
NO ... I get in enough trouble with my real slow RED Slingshot. Not boosted and really not much in the way of 'mods'. F4 Windshield tinted 5+ and a rear fender. Did change shocks at about 50,000 miles.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
ANY recommendations for a 2022 SL
If you have a stock SL, the easiest and factory warranty compliant way to increase power is to purchase the Polaris Performance Tune thru your dealer.This will reprogram your ECU to produce the same 203 HP that comes on the much more expensive R model and since it's a Polaris option,should have zero impact on warranty situations.
If you also have the AutoDrive transmission, I recommend also adding the Paddle Shifter package to gain better control on how/when the AutoDrive shifts to better use the extra HP gained from the Performance Tune.

·
Registered
71 Posts
NO ... I get in enough trouble with my real slow RED Slingshot. Not boosted and really not much in the way of 'mods'. F4 Windshield tinted 5+ and a rear fender. Did change shocks at about 50,000 miles.
I understand completely, it is very easy to exceed the limits in an “unmolested” Slingshot. But I’m still considering a supercharger for the extra torque you get while running the mountain roads. We have the 16.6 in pearl white and really like the Alpha +5 windshield also. Our Sling is a work in progress to make it as comfortable as possible during our road-tripping activities.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I never considered the supercharger for my first 78,000 miles. Then decided I wanted something to rejuvenate my sling experience. So the choices were to buy a new 2021 and not gain much since the performance and looks did not change much in my opinion from my 2015 and at best have 203hp and lose allot more from my wallet. Or, install the ddm supercharger and if I didn't like it, sell the 15 and buy new. Well, I'll never own another sling that is not supercharged. No regrets here. I have almost 110k on it and still love it!

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Definitely agree that once you've driven a boosted Slingshot, a normally aspirated one doesn't seem as much FUN! I never regretted adding a turbo to mine.
Given the rumors I've heard of people having problems with the Polaris engine, adding boost may not be the wisest thing to do. Adding the Performance Tune while also staying under warranty coverage at least adds a moderate increase of performance w/o introducing stresses the motor may not have been designed for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts