Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my new Slingshot SL. But first I want to compliment my dealer, Volusia Motorsports in New Smyrna Beach, FL. I called two dealers before this one, but they were either not offering the Slingshot (most unfortunate), or the list seemed too long. I contacted Eric Kelly at VMS and went on from there. Eric went above and beyond as far as I am concerned. He offered to take my Harley in on consignment to help me get more on my deal. I made my deposit on Sept 23 for the SL. At that time, there was a $2000 line item for transportation and set up. Eric said it would be re-adjusted when delivered. I was skeptical, but also number 4 on the list, so I had time to grow my relationship with Eric and the dealership. I must say I was HAPPY when the adjustment was made. Very happy.

The dealer also made some concessions during the consignment and these made me very happy as well.

Dealer prep, orientation, and paperwork went smoothly and I was on my way. I love the SL. Bluetooth works flawlessly.The stereo is very good for motorcycle stereos, and I've had Goldwings and Harley touring bikes. Besides, you will not be absorbed in the music; you'll be driving. The manual brakes and steering which does NOT automatically return to center will interest you plenty. I had no trouble adjusting to the braking at all. Steering took nearly 50 miles to become comfortable and I was able to loosen my deathgrip on the wheel. Then it became even more fun!

My belt has a slight whine during brisk acceleration or engine braking, but it is nothing to complain about. I only mention that because of the forum. I would never have mentioned it as it is minimal.

This thing wants to go. I used to get 15k miles on my Harley RoadGlide tires. I am not sure how many times I slipped the tire on takeoff, but it takes no effort at all. Tires are going to be a problem.

I would write more, but it's sunny out and 68 degrees. I need to find something to do.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Congrats . Im pretty sure the tire slip is a selling point.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I have my new Slingshot SL. But first I want to compliment my dealer, Volusia Motorsports in New Smyrna Beach, FL. I called two dealers before this one, but they were either not offering the Slingshot (most unfortunate), or the list seemed too long. I contacted Eric Kelly at VMS and went on from there. Eric went above and beyond as far as I am concerned. He offered to take my Harley in on consignment to help me get more on my deal. I made my deposit on Sept 23 for the SL. At that time, there was a $2000 line item for transportation and set up. Eric said it would be re-adjusted when delivered. I was skeptical, but also number 4 on the list, so I had time to grow my relationship with Eric and the dealership. I must say I was HAPPY when the adjustment was made. Very happy.

The dealer also made some concessions during the consignment and these made me very happy as well.

Dealer prep, orientation, and paperwork went smoothly and I was on my way. I love the SL. Bluetooth works flawlessly.The stereo is very good for motorcycle stereos, and I've had Goldwings and Harley touring bikes. Besides, you will not be absorbed in the music; you'll be driving. The manual brakes and steering which does NOT automatically return to center will interest you plenty. I had no trouble adjusting to the braking at all. Steering took nearly 50 miles to become comfortable and I was able to loosen my deathgrip on the wheel. Then it became even more fun!

My belt has a slight whine during brisk acceleration or engine braking, but it is nothing to complain about. I only mention that because of the forum. I would never have mentioned it as it is minimal.

This thing wants to go. I used to get 15k miles on my Harley RoadGlide tires. I am not sure how many times I slipped the tire on takeoff, but it takes no effort at all. Tires are going to be a problem.

I would write more, but it's sunny out and 68 degrees. I need to find something to do.
Howdy Hardy:
It was cool meeting you at VMS yesterday and I'm sure you'll love your fast RED S/L. I'm looking forward to getting mine back and having the chance to meet up with you guys and having some fun rides together. You are right, Eric and Josh are both real good guys and the owner Andy works his tail off to make sure his customers are happy. He'll be having a track day later this spring, so keep an eye out for the date.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts