Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Costa Del Mar sunglasses, but I want some with clear lens for night driving. I Dont want to catch a bug in the eye! Costa doesn't make any with clear Lena. What brand do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Prescription glasses kind of limit my selection of sunglasses. My full face helmet has an internal drop down sun visor. I have noticed that some of the open face and half helmets are offering the same feature. Of course, if you don't wear a helmet.............:)

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Takes a couple of weeks, but I get my prescription sunglasses w/bifocal lenses and regular glasses from Zenni Optical. I would assume you could just pick a frame you like and then specify no Rx. Lots of frames to choose from and reasonably priced. I find their prices low enough that I've bought six pairs so I can leave them in in the TV room, car, etc.
I've been happy with my purchases from Zenni, but some folks aren't. There are several online eyeglasses vendors, so look for one that has frame you like and contact them about getting a non-correcting lens.

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
Prescription glasses kind of limit my selection of sunglasses. My full face helmet has an internal drop down sun visor. I have noticed that some of the open face and half helmets are offering the same feature. Of course, if you don't wear a helmet.............:)
Oakley makes prescription lenses, if you are active duty, veteran, police, or fire you get good discounts on most Oakley stuff. Oakleysi.com
https://www.oakleysi.com/index.cfm?&CFID=16197635&CFTOKEN=74946106

For non military.... People, good discounts here.
http://www.oakleyvault.com/

I have a few pairs, love them. I use yellow lenses at night.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Stop by a local electrical or plumbing supply place or gas company that refills propane, CO2, helium, etc. They usually sell safety glasses for about $1.99 a pair and they are great. I buy a bunch every time I'm there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For what ever reason it seems like the safety glasses from Walmart suck and scratch after a few uses. I found some good clear goggles at the local motorcycle store.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ESS, or any military spec protective glasses will have inserts or RX lens for them. I have used ESS Crossbow since they came out. Retired military with several deployments with no issues with them other then normal wear. Had the same inserts for 10 years just change the RX when needed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use a SavePhace face protector. Plastic with yellow lens. Same as I wear running my bass boat. Protects, fog free, and keeps you rock and bug safe eyes and face. Color matched to my Slingshot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts