Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to order gauges for my Alpha turbo and would like to know which ones to get? I'm trying to keep everything waterproof if possible.

I figured I'd get the Alpha gauge panel on the center windshield bracket, but if there are other options please let me know.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
I'm about to install the Innovate SCG-1 Boost/AFR gauge. It has the ability to control your boost, but from what I've read, folks have been having trouble getting it to work smoothly on the Slingshot. Someone (can't remember who) was hoping to work with Bob about tweaking the ECU reflash, but I don't know if they had any success.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Travis, thats probably where it's going since I just found out the alpha pods won't fit in my windshield.

BKL, that's no good as that's the one I was planning on getting!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Thanks Travis, thats probably where it's going since I just found out the alpha pods won't fit in my windshield.

BKL, that's no good as that's the one I was planning on getting!

Although I originally bought the Innovate SCG-1 to use its boost control feature, even if I can't use that feature, I still think the SCG-1 is a viable gauge since it displays both AFR and Boost. I wasn't sure about the AEM unit's capabilities and also wanted a data-logging feature, so I chose the SCG-1 since Innovate also sells a data-logger unit for use with the SCG-1. The link TravAZ provided had a comment from DDMWorks about using Innovate gauges. I just wanted an all-in-one gauge.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, that's my goal as well, a nice all-in-one gauge. Some friends at work told me to get the SCG-1. My only worry with that was if water ever got on it since you need to be able to use the buttons and can't be enclosed in any sort of a waterproof pod.

Since the Alpha pod is a no go with my madstad windshield, I want to find a decent pod that fits above the key.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
The AEM is a boost and AFR gauge. It also logs and is fairly easy to use. Most people are using this gauge and can assist with reading logs.

It isn't rated as waterproof, but mine has gotten wet many times. I just wipe it off and try to keep it as dry as possible. No issues and I've had mine over a year after replacing other cheaper gauges.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
The AEM is a boost and AFR gauge. It also logs and is fairly easy to use. Most people are using this gauge and can assist with reading logs.

It isn't rated as waterproof, but mine has gotten wet many times. I just wipe it off and try to keep it as dry as possible. No issues and I've had mine over a year after replacing other cheaper gauges.
Sounds like both gauges are comparable, but I think the Innovate may be a little more expensive as the data logger is an extra cost item.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trav, I saw that gauge as well. It looked like it had similar features to the Innovative, like BKL stated. I found the innovative on ebay and ordered it already and should be here in a few days. I went with it mainly because it was suggested from my coworkers.

I see others here use other gauges for oil/water temps, etc. I was told I don't really need all them. I guess that's only if you really want to monitor all that stuff.

Thanks CptJeep, that one looks nice and not too expensive. I'm thinking if I mount it above the key the dashboard will mostly protect it from rain unless the rain was going sideways lol.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alpha has a great gauge package that includes the gauge pod as well as the Innovate MTX Digital Boost and Air/Fuel gauges. These are our go-to and have worked very well for us! They are water-resistant as well

Alpha Gauge Package
Thanks Matt but that pod doesn't fit on my madstad windshield center bracket.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Boost is the most important, then AFR, Oil temp / pressure. Innovate has a MTX-D that displays both.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I ordered the Hahn gauge pack that consists of AEM oil, water, boost/AFR

I'm still waiting on it to ship.

I have not decided on turbo yet.

Bill... When will it ship?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts