Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed SSV works front pods and hoop pods with SSV speakers. I am looking for a little more base. I am using a 4 Channel 600 watt amp. I would like to install a small sub but do not want to install in my storage compartments. I am thinking of using just 1 or 2 6.5 inch subs. I would like to use side pods next to the seats but do not think the subs will fit. I also do not want to install another amp.
Welcome all suggestions

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can anyone comment on installing a self amped sub? I am not looking at thumping bass, just good sounding bass. I just do not get enough with 4 speakers and an amp.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've got two Pioneer subs, one under each seat. Unfortunately for fans of good sound quality, they're sort of fart boxes. They'll add bass but a bit "one-notey."

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have installed SSV works front pods and hoop pods with SSV speakers. I am looking for a little more base. I am using a 4 Channel 600 watt amp. I would like to install a small sub but do not want to install in my storage compartments. I am thinking of using just 1 or 2 6.5 inch subs. I would like to use side pods next to the seats but do not think the subs will fit. I also do not want to install another amp.
Welcome all suggestions
600watt amp is more than enough for small subwoofer and your speakers. I installed the under dash dual subwoofer.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was going to say...I use a jbl sub...it sounds great...more bass!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually found out there was an issue with my amplifier. I got it replaced and man does the stereo rock now with plenty of bass. It was night and day. I am going to hold of on the sub for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts