Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2 car garage that is already filled with my Hummer H2 and Camaro SS. I have about 9' of space to the right of the garage that is all cement and accessible from my driveway and the slingshot could easily fit there. I was wondering if anyone had experience with a portable garage or car port and could recommend one.

I might just end up building a shelter there myself but I wanted to see what others might be doing.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The wife and I are going to attempt to clean out the garage this weekend, to try and accommodate the sling when it arrives on Monday. Right now I have our golf cart in there along with a pile of other stuff, and all of my hunting and fishing gear. Just in case I can't clean it out in time of the slings arrival, I bought the all weather cover. If I have to keep it outside for a while, at least it will be covered!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
My wife told me to just "Grow Up"
Why don't you just "Grow Up"

With a lift of course View attachment 12150
Sorry. Still waiting for my SS to be delivered, but you get the idea
How tall are your ceilings? I'm contemplating a lift, but not sure on usability with garage height.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I could, the problem is I have an H2 so that can't be the vehicle that gets lifted it would have to be the Camaro. The slight problem with that is those are the 2 summer cars so I'd be using that lift a lot.

How much did that run you?

·
Registered
272 Posts

That is a badass car! Dumb question, but what is it? Sorry, I'm a truck guy, I don't know really know anything about exotic cars!

·
Registered
285 Posts
That is a badass car! Dumb question, but what is it? Sorry, I'm a truck guy, I don't know really know anything about exotic cars!

The car is a Lotus Evora. A bit of a Unicorn here in the states. Not extremely expensive but rare. Usually less than 100 a year for US market

That is one tough truck. Nice tasteful RAM

·
Registered
285 Posts
I could, the problem is I have an H2 so that can't be the vehicle that gets lifted it would have to be the Camaro. The slight problem with that is those are the 2 summer cars so I'd be using that lift a lot.

Your looking at about $3k for the lift installed (mid range model without too many options) I spent an extra $900 to get a Jack installed into the lift so I do wheel and suspension work.
I also had a "liftjack" type garage door opener installed. This allows you to run the garage door all the way to the ceiling. The actual opener mounts to the front of the garage at the end of the torsion spring. This way nothing hangs over the lift so you get full use of your ceiling height.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts

could you put big tires and a lift kit on the h2, and drive the camaro under it leaving the other side open for the s/s?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have it on a 5' by 3' piece of steel that I had cut and the jack tray is under that. I can slide the tray, it doesn't touch. The jack tray would be enough I just didn't want to drive past it and OOHHH NOOOO.
20150304_062740 (1).jpg
20150304_062808.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts