Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you look THROUGH or OVER the windshield?

I'm 6'3"...in case the question comes up "depends how tall you are"?

I've had motorcycles where the "windshield" doesn't even come close to your line of sight...and others where you definitively are looking through it. Curious where this falls...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am 6' and look over the top not even close to looking through it. MY wife is 5' and has to look through it. That being said I always have to clean her side.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Aftermarket windshield is soooo nice. I am only 5'7" and went with the plus 3" due to worry over the plus 5" looking silly
I wish I had purchased the plus 5".
And I am short. Soooo.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,850 Posts
6 ft and had the seat all the way back, looked over it. I switched to the Madstad 9" and now I have to sit up to look over it. Looking through is pretty drivable, even with the extra dark grey.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
The height of the wind screen is supposed to be at the tip of your nose level, where you can see over it. If you ever have one fog up on you on the interstate running 85 MPH ( like bam ) you will understand why you need to look over rather than thru. You do under stand it does not have wipers, RIGHT ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Aftermarket windshield is soooo nice. I am only 5'7" and went with the plus 3" due to worry over the plus 5" looking silly
I wish I had purchased the plus 5".
And I am short. Soooo.
Would you want to trade for a 5 inch, I might be interested in trading my 5 inch for your 3 inch.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Would you want to trade for a 5 inch, I might be interested in trading my 5 inch for your 3 inch.
Damn. Serious? Is it the same company? The one with a 3" and 5"? Prob a fucking dumb question but there may be other manufacturers!!!! Is it tinted? Mine is slight tint and I like. Flawless

·
Registered
98 Posts
The height of the wind screen is supposed to be at the tip of your nose level, where you can see over it. If you ever have one fog up on you on the interstate running 85 MPH ( like bam ) you will understand why you need to look over rather than thru. You do under stand it does not have wipers, RIGHT ?
Rain x. :). And anti fog for inside. Does make a difference.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Damn. Serious? Is it the same company? The one with a 3" and 5"? Prob a fucking dumb question but there may be other manufacturers!!!! Is it tinted? Mine is slight tint and I like. Flawless
Yes I'm serious. It is a f4 but not tinted. It's been on for 10000 miles so it does have 3 minor issues that comes with use. I could take pics but I don't think it would be visible, you have to get in a position for the light to be just right to see them. If you are seriously considering this text me or call at 252 714 0582.

·
Registered
98 Posts
We love the +5 here in Florida.
Nope, just been riding since May,1964
I couldn't dismiss fun cycles passion so I propped myself up in a booster seat to see over the windshield today. It was a pleasure and for that I thank you. I promise to not only engage in the behavior more often, but especially if the windshield dogs up. For this I thank you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts