Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and didn't see this covered anywhere.

With the power to weight ratio, open cockpit and limited traction on launch, does anyone think I'm being optimistic by guessing she'll run a mid 13 sec 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Guess I better stock up on a few extra tires.
Have to clear some space in the garage or get my Brother In-Law to build some more shelves in the garage.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Amen! Plus a very easy way to replace the tire!
I agree. Have a friend with a motorcycle lift, heavy duty model. If it comes down to it a floor jack and air gun.
More likely I'll just have a shop put a new tire on.
If I find some rims I like I'll buy two sets and keep new tires on them. Save alot of time in the long run.

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
All stock with a good driver and good 60' time my guess is 13.2-13.5 Add a better tire 12.7-12.9
It's all speculation, but I think we are all in agreement that traction is the biggest challenge. A quick turbo or super will give you tons of power. Stock it's really going to shine in the 60-100 jump. The 1/4 mile is going to be tough because of traction. 13ish should be doable stock if that kenda grabs at all.

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
I agree. Have a friend with a motorcycle lift, heavy duty model. If it comes down to it a floor jack and air gun.
More likely I'll just have a shop put a new tire on.
If I find some rims I like I'll buy two sets and keep new tires on them. Save alot of time in the long run.
I don't know what you would do with a lift. I think you could get away with jacks and ramps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts