Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Smell will burn off after a few miles..............
No, the smell comes from the spent emissions that are not burned by the catalyst being present. When you remove the cat(s) the exhaust smell is more prominent and can be rather irritating in many ways.

Routing the exhaust to exit the rear helps but only to a certain extent. Ideally, you would be better off installing a higher flowing cat with a lower cell count number to prevent this.

Regards,
Doug

·
Registered
205 Posts
No, the smell comes from the spent emissions that are not burned by the catalyst being present. When you remove the cat(s) the exhaust smell is more prominent and can be rather irritating in many ways.

Routing the exhaust to exit the rear helps but only to a certain extent. Ideally, you would be better off installing a higher flowing cat with a lower cell count number to prevent this.

Regards,
Doug
Well I had no such problem and smell went away after driving around for a few miles.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It does smell....will report once I get high enough on fumes.....maybe I'll like it

·
Registered
978 Posts
C'mon, the Lotto statement not accurate--you can always win pretty easily on the scratch and sniffs..You should said it's easier to hit a Powerball Lotto.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just log on to search gutting the cat and seen this post. I am in spring hell at the moment, there must be a magic spring removal tool.

·
Registered
168 Posts
So go ahead and tell me im wrong..............................
Actually,
I was referring to the smell I get from the exhaust from my twin turbo Lamborghini Aventador that I built - I run it catless. I run high-flow cats on everything else including my TT Mclaren and TT Gallardo. I run 200 cell high-flows on my TT Bentley which made a big difference in performance.
2014-10-30 17.03.20.jpg
20150808_154020.jpg
20150808_154540.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am guessing this is removed with muffler still in the SS. I assume it drops out from the bottom which I am trying now. After looking at it a while I thought remove the screws on the side plastic and it would flex out enough to remove. NOT. PITA so far and not getting anywhere.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am guessing this is removed with muffler still in the SS. I assume it drops out from the bottom which I am trying now. After looking at it a while I thought remove the screws on the side plastic and it would flex out enough to remove. NOT. PITA so far and not getting anywhere.
Dude Stop!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok take a breather!!!!!!!
The cat only comes out upwards!!!!
The springs are a pain they have one side shorter than the other so check that before removal. Take pictures as you go!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The only way the muffler comes out is by complete removal of side panel
There are some videos out there a lot of screws in not so obvious places.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Good job but have you run it yet and noticed Xtra Stinky exhaust??
You will as I do if you're inside the garage once you're out on the road you really don't sense it however the trade off of a nice rumble a cooler engine bay and the impression that you're going faster makes it worth it. Maybe I was .....heck I didn't care!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts