Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I bought the Stinger and just love it. After I had it installed, I tried wearing a helmet but there was no room between the helmet and the roof. In the instructions, it says that there are two height options and to contact them if you need the high option. Then they will send out a specialty parts kit. I contacted Slingshot Only and was told that newer model has everything already there to raise it up.

So first I raised the roof to the upper position, then raised the support bar by changing the bolt in the lower position to the upper one. This is located just above support post base plate. Everything was fine until I tried to put the plastic post cover in place. I contacted Slingshot Only again only to get an opinion and no real help.

What I finally figured out was that if you raise the support post, it changes the location of the mounting holes for the cup holder and additionally pushes the post cover forward. So, the only recourse was to lower the support post so that the cover would go into it's intended position. But now there is a gap between the center roof and the support post. Even with the ability to adjust the mounting plate at the top, there is still a large gap between the roof and support post. There would have to be some sort of piece that would fit between them.

Has anyone else run into this problem with their Stinger?

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Hey guys, I bought the Stinger and just love it. After I had it installed, I tried wearing a helmet but there was no room between the helmet and the roof. In the instructions, it says that there are two height options and to contact them if you need the high option. Then they will send out a specialty parts kit. I contacted Slingshot Only and was told that newer model has everything already there to raise it up.

So first I raised the roof to the upper position, then raised the support bar by changing the bolt in the lower position to the upper one. This is located just above support post base plate. Everything was fine until I tried to put the plastic post cover in place. I contacted Slingshot Only again only to get an opinion and no real help.

What I finally figured out was that if you raise the support post, it changes the location of the mounting holes for the cup holder and additionally pushes the post cover forward. So, the only recourse was to lower the support post so that the cover would go into it's intended position. But now there is a gap between the center roof and the support post. Even with the ability to adjust the mounting plate at the top, there is still a large gap between the roof and support post. There would have to be some sort of piece that would fit between them.

Has anyone else run into this problem with their Stinger?
Don't have an answer but a question. For someone to give you an answer it would help to know the year of your Slingshot. Good luck ... A friend who is over 6ft 6in has a Stinger on his 2015 and loves it.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I have a 2019 SLR. I bought the Stinger this year. I’m 6’3” and have room without a helmet.
The friend wears a helmet some of the time with no problem ... I think his is raised to the upper level. How ofter do you wear the helmet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Before I got the roof, rarely. On really hot days, I's toss on my half helmet to keep the sun off my head. But I'm going on a trip at the end of the month and if the weather turns to crap and I need a helmet, I'll be out of luck. I'm trying to fabricate a 3D printed solution right now.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Before I got the roof, rarely. On really hot days, I's toss on my half helmet to keep the sun off my head. But I'm going on a trip at the end of the month and if the weather turns to crap and I need a helmet, I'll be out of luck. I'm trying to fabricate a 3D printed solution right now.
What type of windshield do you have? Helmet to keep warm or keep rain out of eyes. I don't have roof and I always carry a 3/4 helmet with a shield for the rain and when it's cold helps with the hood of the sweatshirt under the helmet. But I also am running an F4 5+ tinted windshield which directs most of the rain over my head.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The issue isn't the windshield, it's that I can't raise the roof because there is either a missing piece or I'm missing something in the instructions. I'm hoping Madstad, Twist or Slingshot Only could jump in here and lend a hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts