Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the safety stickers off the inside of my SL last night and am considering taking off all the bicycle reflectors required to be on it since it is a motorcycle. Anyone else taking those off?

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I will......I always do....Now if I get flamed for not being "safety" minded, so be it. I'm not leaving any ugly ass gay reflectors on my SS. :) Sorry, flame away.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I pulled the safety stickers off the inside of my SL last night and am considering taking off all the bicycle reflectors required to be on it since it is a motorcycle. Anyone else taking those off?
Never knew they were "required" on bikes, those and the safety stickers usually come off as soon as I get a bike home. Haven't had a chance on the SL yet, but they are on my "list".

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hell I think I'm going to candystriped myne with DOT reflective tape after following it last night in the rain

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
You won't have a problem removing the reflectors. They are held on with double sided tape. I knocked one off while washing the SS.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
STUPID QUESTION--->>>>> ( MEMEMEMEME :)) do you need a heat gun? god forbid i get a scratch and my OCD will kick in and ill be cursing and pacing like a drunken sailor in the garage.....

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not for the stickers. They peeled right off. If any residue is left behind WD40 will take it right off and not hurt the finish. I do that with all my motorcycles.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't looked at all of them. Most appear to use fasteners. But, I can't promise that's the case for all.

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
STUPID QUESTION--->>>>> ( MEMEMEMEME :)) do you need a heat gun? god forbid i get a scratch and my OCD will kick in and ill be cursing and pacing like a drunken sailor in the garage.....
Not sure, I stuck mine back on. They are on the plain black plastic, so it shouldn't leave any noticeable marks regardless of how you remove them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts