Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

341 - 360 of 638 Posts

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
Ok guys...... This is way off topic, but I have to bring it up in case I drop off the forum for awhile. At 10:45am my father passed after a long illness. I just got here after he passed, but I had said my goodbyes months ago. I just wanted to let my forum friends know why I might be out of touch for a few days. Gotta look after family business. Thank you to all of you for being so kind to me over the last few weeks. I'll update you guys later. Bye for now. Mark
Sorry for your loss my friend. you and your family will be in our thoughts and our prayers!

·
WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
2,221 Posts
Just sent you a text.

Reactions: 2643

·
No more mods!!! ok.. just one
153 Posts
While we never met, Mark, I feel I know you through your posts. I know that it can be tough to lose a parent, and I know that everyone deals with the loss in different ways. I'd like you to know that I am praying for you and your family.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #345 ·
I know I said I was not going to be on here for awhile, but we are in a break from the Funeral home and the dinner tonight with family and I just wanted to say Thank you to everybody for the prayers and well wishes. I know none of you guys knew my Dad, but I am who I am, for better or worse, because of him! He instilled a deep emotional bond for family and business in me, that might seem strange to some of you, but I am from a family that was always in business together and worked in the family business and it seemed to be a 24/7 type of commitment. My Dad was one of these men who was always the center of attention when he walked into a room and I was always known as "Roland's Son", never as Mark Richardson until I went out on my own. But even then, without his help and support, I would not have been able to do what I now do.

He had been very ill for the last 10 years, but the last 6 months had been hard on him, but while he was still able to move around, he always loved to come outside and check out the "SlingThingy" as he called it, and was always wanting to see the latest item or graphic I had done to it. I really hoped that I could take him for a ride or at least given him a chance to sit in it even, but he just was not able to do that. My Mom is who gave me the "Need for Speed", but my Dad was what drove me to be the best I could be at whatever I did. I'll miss him, but I'm glad he is not hurting anymore, and in a week or so, I'll be able to take him for a ride, well at least his ashes!:(
Daddy roland portriat.jpg
Rest in Peace Daddy Roland!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Ok guys...... This is way off topic, but I have to bring it up in case I drop off the forum for awhile. At 10:45am my father passed after a long illness. I just got here after he passed, but I had said my goodbyes months ago. I just wanted to let my forum friends know why I might be out of touch for a few days. Gotta look after family business. Thank you to all of you for being so kind to me over the last few weeks. I'll update you guys later. Bye for now. Mark
Our hearts and prayers are with you and your family.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Hey brother Mark. Now I know one of the reasons we get along so well. We're both the sons of a late dad named Roland. Who would have known my long lost younger (but older looking) brother was right here in Northern Florida all these years.;) You've done him proud my brother. May he rest in peace knowing you're as proud of him and he obviously was of you.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #350 ·
20151120_161100.jpg
Could not get my head into work, my Mom has a house full of folks so I decided if I was going to think about my Dad I was going to play too. So started doing the TopGun graphics. Rivets and more rivets

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
View attachment 34015 Stole a bomber girl artwork from the Google machine and turned it into a decal and almost all the zombie stuff is gone. Got my buddy Patrick redoing the install of the partial wraps of the nose and tailfin

Isn't that the guy from Duck Dynasty in your picture........:D

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #357 ·
Well..... I decided to take the sling out for ride and I think the track day issue finally came home to roost.... Sling go BOOM! Lots of smoke out the exhaust and no run. No oil running out anywhere but I'm sure it's hurt. Guess that rebuild is coming now.
1448123768552-976431753.jpg
and of course I ended up in front of the Adamec HD Dealer.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Well..... I decided to take the sling out for ride and I think the track day issue finally came home to roost.... Sling go BOOM! Lots of smoke out the exhaust and no run. No oil running out anywhere but I'm sure it's hurt. Guess that rebuild is coming now. View attachment 34087 and of course I ended up in front of the Adamec HD Dealer.
OH NOOOOOOOO!!! So sorry Bro!!! Like you really needed this after just losing your father!

·
Registered
337 Posts
image.jpeg

It might be time for a V8
Well..... I decided to take the sling out for ride and I think the track day issue finally came home to roost.... Sling go BOOM! Lots of smoke out the exhaust and no run. No oil running out anywhere but I'm sure it's hurt. Guess that rebuild is coming now. View attachment 34087 and of course I ended up in front of the Adamec HD Dealer.

341 - 360 of 638 Posts